Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
'fess up >

'fess up

'fess up

Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
mim

I'm glad to know that I have company in the sharing living space. I've never had a separate room. Right now, at the cottage, I have 2 cartons in the garage and 2 cartons overhead with fabrics and UFOs. I do have one of those rolling undercounter 12" wide drawer storage from Joannes for FQs. Actually, when I had a studio building for storage I had several hundred yards of fabrics -- I sold, gave and donated most of it when I moved the first time a couple years ago. I don't feel the loss. I didn't know most of it existed -- I just bought new when I needed something.

I think space and time are similar -- no matter how much you have -- it isn't enough

Mim
Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham
Originally Posted by dltaylor
I am guilty of cleaning up after each sewing session
Me too....but I have to as my workspace is the dining room table.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM

I am very neat...and after I watch even one episode of "Hoarders" I find that I'm eager to reorganize or clean something. It's taken my clean house to an entirely new level.

It's funny how some say 'oh, I can quilt or I can clean'. If you keep up on it, there's really no choice you have to make . It only takes a few minutes to clean up after yourself if you do it religiously.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM

I do my sewing in my family room so I have to keep it tidy for when I have company. If I had a sewing room I probably wouldn't be so tidy. I would love to have my own sewing room. :)
Old 08-24-2011, 08:39 PM

Since my 'sewing room' is in the Great room or family room, I have to clean up every time. Even if I had my own room, I think I would because my mind and body operate better when I am organized and tidy. I don't spend time I don't have looking for things if I put them away where they belong to begin with, I don't step on pins or scissors, my fabric is color coded in bins and I can pull out the drawer I need, and I don't have to hunt around for my tools as they all have a place and are in it.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
That's why I now have my own sewing room! I can just leave everything "as is" when I stop sewing for whatever reason!
I can close the door and come back later to everything just as I left it! I must admit, I do have to sweep the floor to get those little strings and stray pieces that drive me crazy sticking to my feet. lol
Me too. I prefer to wait until I am ready to clear up the mess before doing it.