Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Festival of Quilts >

Festival of Quilts

Festival of Quilts

Old 08-09-2023, 05:00 AM

Default Festival of Quilts

Has anyone been to Thanksgiving Point in UT and attended the Festival of Quilts. It is coming up in September and i am thinking of going. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Old 08-09-2023, 07:37 AM

we'll be in Utah in September so I looked this up
https://thanksgivingpoint.org/events/garden-of-quilts/
$120.00 for us to get in. I don't think so

well, 70.00 for one day, still don't think so
wow, a class with Laura Heinie. Small project. 207.00 and still more supplies needed.

you could volunteer... but you'd still have the cost of meals and lodging.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 08-09-2023 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2023, 07:48 AM

Wow! I hope Quilt Festival here in Houston hasn't gotten that expensive.

Okay, I just checked Quilt Festival in Houston is still $12.00 for seniors. Which isn't that bad for this show. At $35 a day, I wonder how many people actually go.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 08-09-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:36 AM

It sounds wonderful! Have a great time!
Old 08-10-2023, 03:26 AM

I was willing to spend some $$$ to take a class with Lori Holt but it was sold out.

i have really lost my desire to do much of anything so was hoping a big quilt show could help bring me back? We have had a couple small ones around town but i need something big and flashy to get me motivated. They have a great line-up of teachers and a lot of classes offered. I can imagine it takes some bucks to pull this event off. Sometime you have to do something once. If its not worth the money i wont go back.
I do miss the Home Machine Quilt Show that used to be in UT.

Last edited by Fizzle; 08-10-2023 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 04:57 AM

Fizzle, I hear you. I wrote a big long post here...but I'm sending it PM instead
Old 08-10-2023, 06:28 AM

I hear you, Fizzle, but Houston Quilt Festival does it on a grand scale for $12 entry fee. They have a great selection of classes and teachers also. I haven't taken classes in a long time, but they always used to be priced reasonably for he quality. This one gives a big discount for their members. It looks like that's mostly the people they want attending.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 08-10-2023 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:56 AM

The Utah Quilt Guild will be putting on a show October 10-14. There will be classes, a quilt show, vendors mall. I'll be a vendor at that one. It's usually pretty great! Here's a link: https://www.utahquiltguild.org/quilt...-of-events.htm

The Home Machine Quilting Show was replaced with the Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival. They do a big one in Boise and one in S.L.C. Both are in May.

Here's a link to Garden of Quilts: https://thanksgivingpoint.org/events/garden-of-quilts/ It's $35 for a 1 day pass. That is pretty expensive!
Old 08-10-2023, 07:03 AM

I noticed the one in Houston is near Bellaire. i thought it was always held Downtown?
Old 08-10-2023, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
The Utah Quilt Guild will be putting on a show October 10-14. There will be classes, a quilt show, vendors mall. I'll be a vendor at that one. It's usually pretty great! Here's a link: https://www.utahquiltguild.org/quilt...-of-events.htm

The Home Machine Quilting Show was replaced with the Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival. They do a big one in Boise and one in S.L.C. Both are in May.

Here's a link to Garden of Quilts: https://thanksgivingpoint.org/events/garden-of-quilts/ It's $35 for a 1 day pass. That is pretty expensive!

I did attend the Quilt and Craft show when it was here. They dont do the classes like the bigger shows but it was nice. This year i noticed quite a few of the usual venders missing….