Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final count 206 AND I'M DONE!

Where can I find the pattern? Sorry I see it was already posted! Thank you!
    Last edited by Donna in Mo; 10-21-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna in Mo View Post
    Where can I find the pattern? Sorry I see it was already posted! Thank you!
    Just a reminder--------10 days from now when you are buried under a few dozen tissue covers-----------DON'T BLAME ME. Blame the original pattern poster.

BTW, I'm more than willing to give up my temporary "tissue cover queen" claim. Anyone wanting to go for 21 0-------------HELP YOURSELF!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Ok I just looked. I may make one ... For me..

Ok I'm going to make one for me and maybe one for my sister to go with her new quilt I'm making her for xmas. Oh and a couple for a few friends, guess they are addicting LOL
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

They are, quick and easy. I got 50+ done this week for a bazaar table for our quilt guild.
    I am starting phone sleeves next, just a little more complicated. Ten days to go, we'll see how many are finished by then. It is nice using scraps of fabric and batting to open space for new stash.

At some point in this thread (or another one about this same subject) there was a question about the pattern size. The original pattern that I printed out said to cut the biggest piece 7-1/2" high. Then there was a response from someone that the tissue cover turned out too small. Then someone else said it should be 8-1/2" high instead. To you all that have been making so many of these - what is the correct size?
    I have been making some of these from another pattern and I really like this pattern better, but have not made any yet.
    Thank you,, Pat

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Yep, a still photo tute is here on the net---------but I'm not good at finding stuff. SOMEBODY, point the way!

I've increase the sizes of the lining to 6" x 9" and the outer shell to 6" x 7". The tissue packets are a bit loose in this size, but the center doesn't gap open. (don't panic-----------the measurements are right. You'll see.)
    I got on the kick of making these recently but wondered something. Do people actually use them? Carry them in their purses? Frankly, I don't carry a huge purse so one wouldn't fit in mine.

I did find that when my opening gapped more than I wanted, I overlapped the ends of the opening just a bit & I was happy with that.

You must be seeing these things in your sleep after making so many.

Wow. That's a lot of tissue covers and one way to kick out a bunch of scraps... I don't think I'd want to make any more for a long time that's for sure

Okay, now ya got me started, I just sewed up 6 for our Welcome Bags at Church, they are addicting!!!

We'll see how many more you make tomorrow. lol

I was reading this & thought please let someone else be like me who never seen the first post & request the pattern
    Yipppeeeeee
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t107636.html

This pattern is very easy to follow. thanks,feffertim
    lp

Blog Entries
    Can you show a picture and maybe the instructions, please?

Ellie (aka sewellie)
    Last edited by sewellie; 10-21-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Found the link further into the post
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

I've never made any of the tissue holders but you've got me thinking I need to do so. And I thought I was going to clean house in the morning. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1969 View Post
    At some point in this thread (or another one about this same subject) there was a question about the pattern size. The original pattern that I printed out said to cut the biggest piece 7-1/2" high. Then there was a response from someone that the tissue cover turned out too small. Then someone else said it should be 8-1/2" high instead. To you all that have been making so many of these - what is the correct size?
    I have been making some of these from another pattern and I really like this pattern better, but have not made any yet.
    Thank you,, Pat
    I've been making these for my friend's daughter to raise for funds for their dancing school. I use the size in the original post 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 5 1/2 x 7 1/2.
    I had templates made by a sign writer for a couple of pounds so I can tell very easily whether or not a scrap is going to fit and speeds up cutting immensely.
    The tissues I use are packs of 10 from our Poundshop (Dollar store - which of course here, is $1.60, lol). The tartan holder has tissues in it.
    tartanName:  IMG_0373.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  1.57 MB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Addictive exercise! I ran up 3 dozen a couple of years ago when my girls turned 21 as party favours for all the ladies. They were loads of fun to make and much appreciated by the recipients.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    I've been making these for my friend's daughter to raise for funds for their dancing school. I use the size in the original post 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 5 1/2 x 7 1/2.
    I had templates made by a sign writer for a couple of pounds so I can tell very easily whether or not a scrap is going to fit and speeds up cutting immensely.
    The tissues I use are packs of 10 from our Poundshop (Dollar store - which of course here, is $1.60, lol). The tartan holder has tissues in it.
    tartanName:  IMG_0373.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  1.57 MB
    Thank you for the size info. I am sharing this pattern with my sister and two friends and wanted to give them the right sizes. Thanks again, Pat

Great idea, received one with an open end, not slotted, I use it for cell phone, since I have a rubber cover, it does not slip and keeps the lint off the rubber cover, and makes it easier to find in bottom of purse.

Quote Originally Posted by LUANNH View Post
    Ok I'm going to make one for me and maybe one for my sister to go with her new quilt I'm making her for xmas. Oh and a couple for a few friends, guess they are addicting LOL
    If you can stop at less than one dozen, please get back to us!
    U N T I E

I bought 8 packs of Kleenex tissues or 2.25 at our Dollar General. With the 7% sales tax, each packet is just a teenytiny bit over .30 each.
    U N T I E

I've made about 25 of them so far. they are fast,fun and cute. I will be giving them away at Christmas to family and friends.

Blog Entries
    Do the tissue packets you are using work with this pattern. The only packets I can find have a flap -type closure that doesn't work very well

Blog Entries
    OMG what have you started lol....now I can't wait to try this...I seen the orginal post but forgot to bookmark it...really of all time for this to show up cause I'm heading for the city in the morning and well of course there is fabric shops with bargain bins, like I don't have enough scraps already...but am kinda short on christmas stuff. hehehe....

Quote Originally Posted by blhaines View Post
    Do the tissue packets you are using work with this pattern. The only packets I can find have a flap -type closure that doesn't work very well

I think the flap would be easy enough to cut off, or fold back.
    U N T I E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2