Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Finally Found What I was looking for? >
  • Finally Found What I was looking for?

• Finally Found What I was looking for?

Old 06-21-2015, 02:47 AM

I use the lightweight Sulky water soluble for my machine embroidery. I have drawn on it successfully. I am not sure about putting it through a printer, the lightweight is pretty flimsy. The heavier weight might work in a printer, but I think it might be more difficult to stitch through in handwork. Watch for the rolls of it at Joanns, and with a coupon you would get a good deal.
    Old 06-21-2015, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    I use the lightweight Sulky water soluble for my machine embroidery. I have drawn on it successfully. I am not sure about putting it through a printer, the lightweight is pretty flimsy. The heavier weight might work in a printer, but I think it might be more difficult to stitch through in handwork. Watch for the rolls of it at Joanns, and with a coupon you would get a good deal.
    I just looked & it is $9.65/roll on Amazon.com and $19.95 @ JoAnn's
    Old 06-21-2015, 03:39 AM

I only get it when I have a half off coupon. How is the shipping on Amazon? You have to include that too.
    Old 06-21-2015, 05:50 AM

I only get it when I have a half off coupon. How is the shipping on Amazon? You have to include that too.
    If you have Prime at Amazon, shipping is free.
    Old 06-21-2015, 06:16 AM

It's not worth $90 a year for me to get free shipping. I don't do much shopping through Amazon. If you do, it is a good value.
    Old 06-21-2015, 09:03 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try this in the future, when I can get back to quilting again. I's been 6 weeks since my shoulder replacement surgery, so I hope the Dr. gives me the go ahead this week when I see him again. Fingers crossed.
    Old 06-21-2015, 09:30 AM

They have it at Wal Mart on line for under $10.00, cheaper than Amazon and it will come right to your local store.
    Old 06-22-2015, 12:55 AM

I use it all the time for machine embroidery so "yes" you could machine quilt with it also. I love the fact that it disappears with a little water so you have no picking little pieces of other stabilizers. Great stuff! It is a little pricey though but just stock up when it is on sale or with a coupon.
    Old 06-22-2015, 02:25 AM

If you spend a total of $35.00, for most items you can get "free" shipping. I just put things in my "cart" on Amazon.com and then when I have $35.00 worth of items, make the purchase. My coffee is even cheaper on Amazon. Also, if you put items in your cart & just leave them there, sometimes the price goes down. You can move items to "save for later" and play with the $ amounts, so that you never have to pay for shipping. I "do not" pay for Prime. I always check Amazon when I buy something, as they are usually cheaper or the same as Walmart.
    Old 06-22-2015, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446
    They have it at Wal Mart on line for under $10.00, cheaper than Amazon and it will come right to your local store.
    I believe that it was the same price at Walmart as Amazon when I Googled it the other day. I don't have a Walmart close to me, so the "free" shipping from Amazon.com is a better deal for me as it comes to my door. I never pay for shipping on Amazon. You just have to spend $35.00 and you get free shipping.