Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finally heard back from Singer about my Quantum L-500. >

Finally heard back from Singer about my Quantum L-500.

Finally heard back from Singer about my Quantum L-500.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Yes, I do know the difference between cotton hand-quilting thread and cotton machine-quilting thread. I've never put hand-quilting thread in the machine... I wonder if that's what they are thinking also? Well, I doubt they would believe me anyway.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 AM

Doesn't put the new Singer machines in a very good light, does it? However, I haven't heard/read very many good reviews about the quality of their machines for quite a while. :thumbdown: But I love my vintage Singers! :thumbup:
Old 09-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Contact Better Business Bureau, Attorney General and if you have a news station that goes after this kind of thing you might want to contact them. I would also tell the company that you belong to quilt quilds, forums and numerous other places where quilters gather and discuss machines. It's not in their best interest to piss off thousands of women looking for machines to buy. We are the largest age group of consumers and you'll have to get very vocal in lots of places to grab their attention. If you have friends who would write emails they could also say they were interested in the Singer name until they saw your problems with no resolution from them.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Don't forget to post on Facebook, Twitter, and any other social network you can think of.

Also write letters to quilting magazines, post reviews wherever you can.

If you have a reference number on your correspondence with them - use it so people know you aren't blowing smoke.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 PM

I am so sorry to hear your troubles. I personally wouldn't have a Singer machine if they gave it to me. There is no excuse for their condesending attitude, and I feel really bad for you. There is also no excuse for their attitude and the fact that you have had to send your machine back so many times. I have had my machine for over 10 years and she had to go to the hospital once, and that was user error. She is not a Singer. For the expensive price tag, the machine should work for many years.
Sue