Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY MADE A QUILTING FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! I have never had a friend close by that loves to quilt! You guys are SO great, but I never get to go shopping with ya!
    She came over for coffee, and saw my 30s fabrics on the table, and said if I loved that fabric, there was a shop she HAD to take me to!
    Wasnt far, but I hadnt been there before, and it was wonderful, with GREAT prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So fun to shop with a quilting buddy, rather than BF! I actually got to browse, instead of rush, lol!
    Was a nice day.

Blog Entries
    Way to go. My regular circle of friends don't quilt either. It is so nice to have someone to share our passion of quilting. Way to go!

oh how fun!! Did you meet her here on the board or how did y'all find one another?

Actually at work. Most of the ladies there dont sew, but she does.
    I still want to meet someone from here, though!

Oh, I am so happy for you...and I bet your new quilting buddy feels the same way!

If you really hit it off together, you might consider setting aside one Friday a month to meet in each others homes and quilt a little together. I bet your group would grow...

Perhaps even the small shop you went to would enjoy having you meet there free of charge for a couple of hours...

Quilting is a life saver for women today, as it was years ago!

Glad you found one another!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Yeah CarrieAnne!! I wish I knew someone here that quilts and understands I just can't run off whenever to quilt, little man runs my life right now. I did get to talk on the phone to alaskasunshine yesterday, she is so nice. I can't wait to talk with her again.

Yep, Carrie, I remember those days.....need to be home for nap time, and lunchtime, and his TV shows. Aw, he will grow up WAY TO FAST, then you will miss him!

Happy you found a quilting buddy. I just found my quilting buddy this year from this board. I am in heaven!!! I am sure you are too. Congrats!! :-)

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Yep, Carrie, I remember those days.....need to be home for nap time, and lunchtime, and his TV shows. Aw, he will grow up WAY TO FAST, then you will miss him!
    I know I will miss him that's why he is so spoiled!! Maybe in 5yrs. or so 1 of the 2 older ones will bless me with grandbabies.

That's great. I dont' know anyone other than my mom, that sews in my town.

How fun! I would just like to shop ALONE with unlimited time to browse and pet and such...just once or twice. lol. I always have the baby on my hip, who is generally well behaved, but makes filling my arms up harder, and will only tolerate so much of my walking in circles to look at everything again and again, without letting him touch. LOL

Blog Entries
    That is great! My neighbor is my quilting buddy. Only problem is that we are dangerous in fabric stores! :lol:

I know you'll enjoy talking "quilting" with her. My husband is very glad I found someone to talk about quilting with....laughing...now he doesn't have to listen to me go on...and on...and on.... ;-)

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My grown daughter goes with me. She hates fabric, but will go to be sociol with the ladies that work in the shop. they keep her entertained. finally mary will say, ok, mom, i am unmedicated. that means she has had enough and wants to go. she is actually starting to voice her dislikes regarding colors etc.

I don't have any one close by that is interested in quilting!! But they all love for me to make them gifts lol!!!
    Glad you met someone to share your hobby with.

Blog Entries
    I also don't know anyone close by to connect with! I would love to get in a quilters group or guild. I was told there was one here and just recently had their annual show (which someone said they would take me to and didn't) so I might try to get the courage to call and see how to join and see if they are "receptive" to new members. I've heard some stories on this board about sometimes being ignored or made to feel an outsider. In the meantime, this board is my connection to talk quilting and learn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
    My grown daughter goes with me. She hates fabric, but will go to be sociol with the ladies that work in the shop. they keep her entertained. finally mary will say, ok, mom, i am unmedicated. that means she has had enough and wants to go. she is actually starting to voice her dislikes regarding colors etc.
    So, slow by slow you're reeling her in? It is catching you know!

My SIS is my quilting buddy. Actually she is on this Board (crazybaker) but isn't active at all. After our Binky Patrol meeting this coming Saturday, we'll go to Fabric Depot in NE Portland for some F-U-N!!! :-)

I'm so happy for you. I have been blessed with my quilting buddy, she and I work together and quilt together. We go shopping together, quilt shows, shop hops. We make quilts together and give them to our co-workers. We have such a great time. Most of the time we sew together on Tuesdays, if the planets are aligned and we are lucky sometimes twice a week. I'm very lucky! She also belongs to our board here, we have a blast together. She is a great friend!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yeah Carrie..sounds like you had a great time!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I am so glad you have a new quilting friend. Most of the gals I hang out with quilt and do other crafts. It's great being able to work on projects with others, or go shopping for fabric with a bunch of quilters.

How great for you both. It seems like when you meet one person that shares your joy in quilting, the circle just seems to grow. She knows someone that knows someone that knows someone, etc. until you have a good size group to enjoy. I hope that is what happens for you.

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy for you. I found mine here on the QB she only lives about 25 min from me,we're getting tog again next week can't wait

Blog Entries
    This is wonderful news! I bet you two have a lot of fun quilting times together :D:D:D

There are some people that I have seen on here that live in KY but I'm sort of afraid to pm them or anything. I noticed one lives in Owensboro. That is about 45min - 1 hour away. Not sure if anyone lives in my city but that would be neat.

I am trying to get some ladies from church into it but man it's a slow go!

My daughter also loves to quilt but she moved out to Portland. We did go fabric shopping when I went to visit got to got to go the fabric Depot. A huge place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast