Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finally, more time for quilting >

Finally, more time for quilting

Finally, more time for quilting

Old 07-29-2013, 01:14 AM

Congrats,feel so good to get up enjoy that morning coffee at a slower rate not being rushed i to love every minute of retirement and hope you do the same (
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM

I am totally envious of you being able to go to Oshkosh next week. My husband and I have been there twice in the 90's when we lived in northern Illinois, and we would love to go again, but too far from South Carolina. Enjoy your retirement time and quilting
Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Congrats on your retirement - I am 15 months retired and love every minute of it. Like you, I also stocked up on kits and fabric prior to retirement. Happy quilting!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM

I retired 6 years ago and love it. Only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I worked 46 years and loved my job ( as an RN an everyday was different with lots of adrenaline rushes) but now I hate to go into a hospital or to see sick people. I sleep late, eat when I want (except for hubby), and do pretty much what I want, which is quilting. Had some health issues so take care of yourself and don't become a sit-down aholic like me. Quilting hasn't provided me with much exercise. Ha!Ha! And I tend to be lazy now and never used to be... I think I am catching up after all those scheduled, clock filled days of getting up at day break and getting home at night, always on my feet. And shift work... I was always so disciplined. Make yourself a good schedule to care for yourself... Congratulations of a time well earned!!!