Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!! >

FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!!

FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Ahh, great for you You know I certainly understand about gift giving to a large family when we are in a crunch. You know, I have found the simplest of gifts is the greatest they love. For example, homemade potholders or aprons for the women and even scarves for the men, if they live in the cold weather and also for the kiddos. I try to do a few homemade stuff. Even brownies and fudge for the kids Enjoy your new ElectricQuilt 5, how lucky for you. Merry Christmas By the way, I love love love Thrift Stores, so many neat finds there

Last edited by litajsan; 12-03-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Bless you!! Thats a wonderful thing to lift your Spirits. Just remember that Christmas is all about celebrating the Lord's birthday. and its okay if we cant do what we would like to do. Our family will love us anyways. Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Kerry, that is an absolute great idea ! Amen to that !!! Great idea

Last edited by litajsan; 12-03-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:48 AM

It's an electronic way to make quilt patterns, one of the most useful pieces of software. She had a wonderful find in that product but everyone has to understand that there is someone watching over us to take away a little sadness from time to time. My mother use to say that for every door that shuts a window opens and I really believe that is true, although from time to time it's hard to believe that. Merry Christmas
Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 AM

dont feel bad ive been there myself. and this yr im making most of my gifts for my kids and grands they will luv them
Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
Bless your heart! I am sooooo glad you found this and not someone else. You needed that uplifting! For your family, why don't you write each one of them a very special, personal, Christmas letter. You might share some of your favorite memories with them ... a different memory for each person, something that they might relate to. Christmas has gotten so commercialized, we all need to get back to the basics, back to the real meaning of Christmas. A sharing from the heart is the best gift of all.
this is exactly what I was going to suggest. So often we don't share those special times and memories with the ones we love to let them know how cherished our time with them is to us. This would be a gift of love that no one else could give them. Hugsssss and smilesssss
Old 12-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Congratulations. Sounds like you needed a pick me up. God bless you!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 AM

A note with a promise to read a story or watch a movie with popcorn would be something great as well for them. Spending time with mine is all they want since we live a good distance away.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 AM

Wow, great find! I love Goodwill--you never know what you will find! I am glad that this helped put some sparkle in your holidays.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Oh Val! That's an awesome find! I hope you will have a good Christmas despite the difficult financial situation. Remember the true meaning of Christmas and hopefully you can focus on that this year. I've had hard lean years too, so I understand what you are going through. The idea of homemade gifts like baked items is a great idea.