Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Finding Double Wedding Ring Quilt kit

Red face Finding Double Wedding Ring Quilt kit

Our son is marrying in Oct. Want to make them a DWRQ in neutrals. Can you suggest where I can find a kit for the quilt to fit a queen sized bed? Thanks for your input.

I have run across a website that will make a kit for you if you send them the fabric. (Maybe from the fabshophop.com list?) If I remember correctly, if you don't have the fabric, they will make one up for you. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the company. Maybe someone else here knows the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
    I have run across a website that will make a kit for you if you send them the fabric. (Maybe from the fabshophop.com list?) If I remember correctly, if you don't have the fabric, they will make one up for you. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the company. Maybe someone else here knows the name of it.
    It is John Flynn. here is a link: http://flynnquilt.danemcoweb.com/lasercutkits/custom/

IMHO...why not just start buying fab and get going? I've made two DWR quilts. Takes a while but worth the effort. Can be so exp to order a kit or have someone else cut it. Unless you have trouble with cutting that is.
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

Thanks to all of you. Appreciate the suggestions and will go shopping for fabrics today cause I'd like to make it in neutrals. Will now hunt for a pattern so will know about how much fab is needed. Don't mind cutting, but thought it would be faster to find a kit. May thanks to all, again. When I get it finished will send a pic. Wish me luck!!!!!!

Keepsake and Fond and Porter has the kits.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Power Poster
    Did you check with the couple to see if this is what they want?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    MSQC Missouri Star Quilt website has kits. Fons and Porter. For the Love of Quilting.

Just saw this ruler/pattern on another thread. Looks like it would make an easy DWR.

http://sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com/

Accuquilt has a die to cut the fabric. Just bought it.

LMB
    I got one on Amazon. It was very nice and my daughter in law was thrilled.
    I never met a quilt I didnt love.

McCalls has a download for the pattern

If you scroll down a bit and look at the DWR quilt done with the Happy Go Lucky fabrics, it looks like the football shapes are seamed down the length, so the block is put together with two "triangle-like" pieces, then red and aqua triangles are sewn on the ends to finish the block and make up the (red and aqua) quarter-square triangle squares when the individual squares are sewn together. It would make for an easy piecing of a DWR.
    Quote Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
    Just saw this ruler/pattern on another thread. Looks like it would make an easy DWR.

http://sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevkay View Post
    Thanks to all of you. Appreciate the suggestions and will go shopping for fabrics today cause I'd like to make it in neutrals. Will now hunt for a pattern so will know about how much fab is needed. Don't mind cutting, but thought it would be faster to find a kit. May thanks to all, again. When I get it finished will send a pic. Wish me luck!!!!!!
    Have you checked out he new Neutral collection from Connecting Threads?

Blog Entries
    I made one a few years ago that the rings were printed on a fusible web, where you just layed your fabric pieces onto this fusible web. (it was in the shape of 1/4th of the ring) and then sew it right onto the web. Then you just press the fusible 1/4 rings onto the backing and OooLala....the block was finished. It was a booklet written by "Mary Pat Henderson". She also designed the fusible stuff. It was called "Quilt Smart". It was so very easy to do. I finished my blocks to make the quilt top but haven't gotten it quilted as yet. I am such a procrastinater.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting that link Grammie T I'm a beginer but hope to do a DWR and I'm thinking this would help me out by having one already cut & ready for me when I'm brave enough to attempt it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammie T View Post
    The great thing about Johns kits is that the pieces are already laser cut. You need his DWR book and template set.