Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finding quilters in new places

What fun! We do pop in all kids of places, don't we?

If you need a friend, pick a quilter.Three years ago,I was on holidays in Cuba with another friend. She was tutoring me with Hardanger every morning near the pool. People were stopping by to have a look to our work. Since we are *older ladies* a couple would come every morning to say Hello. A couple of days before we left the woman said that she wished to make a quilt one day. My girlfriend said that I could teach her. She said that she would be ready to start in a couple of months. We traded phone numbers, I never thought of a follow up . How often people that you meet on holidays contact you after. She phoned me two months after and since , every Monday she comes to my house and after teaching her now, we quilt together. We are both bilingual French for chatting and English for quilting. I am looking forward to October when we will resume our get-together!

Quilt friends become your best friend!

Blog Entries
    Lucky you. I don't have enough quilting friends. But my sis is starting to quilt and I'm going to kidnap her and bring her here for a week sometime so we can do a project together.

Where in RI are you? I'm in Coventry - maybe we should all meet for coffee?

A few years ago I was going to the Stitches and Craft show in Brisbane and got talking to a lady who had just moved and was going to the quilt show too. It turns out she wanted to join a group, so I told her about mine in Rosewood. she lived 5 kilometers from there so she came and joined the group. Same thing happened to yet another lady who wanted to have lessons and when I told her about our group she also joined. She is into collecting dolls like me. Both ladies are good friends now. Strange how you meet people.

I found another quilting buddy in the community where I live. She lives on the next block over and I would see her out while I was walking. We would make general chit-chat about stuff going on in the neighborhood. She stopped by the house one evening and she saw a couple of quilts draped over the couch in the livingroom that I was working on and said "Oh, I quilt too!". Well, that was it - now all we talk about is quilting and sewing!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is great, I hope you get to have quilt days with her. I always thought it would be fun to have a sew day with a friend. God bless.

OH it is fun to meet quilters...I don't have one here, but I have an arty friend. I left my best ever quilty friend back in WA when I moved. How I miss her and our talks, our shopping trips, our sneaking in fabric sacks,planning what to make next and so on. We lived and breathed quilts in between family and life in general!

Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    Lucky you. I don't have enough quilting friends. But my sis is starting to quilt and I'm going to kidnap her and bring her here for a week sometime so we can do a project together.
    I'm hoping to do a project one day with my quilting sister in Montana...hopefully next summer?

It is always great to meet a quilt friend. Other people just don't understand our passion. Have fun with your new friend

Quote Originally Posted by amazon
    Friends are nice, but quilty friends are the best! :-D Congrats on your new quilty friend!
    way to go. we pop up everywhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2