Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fleece fabric >

fleece fabric

fleece fabric

Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 AM

If u have to use spray basting In a garage because the fumes might explode what happens to the fabric? Will it easily ignight? I don't think I'd use It! Scary!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
If u have to use spray basting In a garage because the fumes might explode what happens to the fabric? Will it easily ignight? I don't think I'd use It! Scary!
Apparently nothing happens to the fabric. The can and my LQS say that the fumes are combustable so not to use it where there is an open ignition source (ie the funace pilot light or the gas fireplace pilot light, etc). It is meant to be used on heirloom quality fabric though and does not damage it. It also washes right out with the first washing with no damage to your washing machine.

I've now used it on five quilts and never had any problems. All five kids (two were mine, two were nieces and one nephew) have LOVED the minke backing and it wore so well with many repeated washings. "Spills" like getting puked on in the middle of the night didn't sink in to the minke either and washed out with no effort what so ever.