Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
floor mat >

floor mat

floor mat

Old 08-21-2010, 05:47 AM
KR

This week I purchased one of those heavy duty vinyl floor mats to put under the chair at my sewing machine. The kind that has teeth on the bottom that sink into carpet. Not only does the mat make it easier to move my chair, it keeps threads and crumbs from getting into the carpet, and makes it easier to vacuum all those bits, too. And an added bonus....the mat grips the foot pedal so it doesn't creep....yay!! Mat was about $20 at Sam's. This obviously wouldn't work on hardwood or tile floors, but since my sewing room began life as our guest room, it is carpeted. Hope this is helpful....have a wonderful weekend! Karen
Old 08-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Karen, I have one also and it's wonderful! Glad you got one :D
Old 08-21-2010, 09:36 AM

I got one at a garage sale and used it but after a while when I took it up to have the rug cleaned, there was a difference in the shade of the rug. even after cleaning, you could see where it had been. so I took it up. I think they are great but maybe you should take it up every so often and use without it for a time to keep this from happening.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I got one at a garage sale and used it but after a while when I took it up to have the rug cleaned, there was a difference in the shade of the rug. even after cleaning, you could see where it had been. so I took it up. I think they are great but maybe you should take it up every so often and use without it for a time to keep this from happening.
It can also damage your carpet. They are really made for commercial grade carpet so be careful!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
It can also damage your carpet. They are really made for commercial grade carpet so be careful!
Not only will they damage your carpet, you also get static electricity of those things...so be careful, especially if your machine is computerized, I know when I had my Quilt Shop, the Janome dealer did not like them!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I never realized about the static electricity. Thanks for the info.