Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Flower straight pins >

Flower straight pins

Flower straight pins

Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM

Default Garage sale stickers

Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
You know those cute pins with the flower flat heads? Do they come with numbers or letters on them? I'm thinking they would be great to mark the order of blocks in a row, instead of using post its.
I have always used those round stickers that I guess are meant to have prices on them at garage sales...they are round and about the size of a nickel or quarter. I write on them with a Sharpie, and with about 300 in a pack for about $2 at WalMart or pretty much any big store, they can go in the trash at the end of the project. I don't have to keep up with them!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 PM

I tear up paper and pin to rows in left upper corner. #'s on the pins is a great idea. thanks for the tip.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 PM

I purchased a sheet of template material from JoAnn's (40% coupon) and cut it into 1" squares. I then used a hole punch to put one hole in the middle of each square. I took a Sharpie pen and wrote row/block numbers on each one -- 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. I use a straight pin to pin each square to the upper left corner of the blocks - I store each group of ten on a safety pin so they don't get too mixed up. In a pinch, I have cut paper squares to use in the same way.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM

I had another one that I just used little scraps of paper--cut them into little squares, wrote on them, 1-15 and pinned them to the top left side of the block and then threw them away at the end of the project. But I've thought it would be neat to have something a little more permanent.[/QUOTE]

Why did you throw the papers away. I have at least three sets of papers that are numbered and held together with a binder clip. The sets go in the box with the clamps, bolts and c-clamps that I need for my quilt frames. I've been using the same paper number squares for the last 30 years. But I only do 4 or 5 quilts a year. They still work.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by me
I had another one that I just used little scraps of paper--cut them into little squares, wrote on them, 1-15 and pinned them to the top left side of the block and then threw them away at the end of the project. But I've thought it would be neat to have something a little more permanent.
Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
Why did you throw the papers away.
Because I clean up, I tend to do that, figuring I can make more out of scrap paper which I always have. If I do two quilts when I need these papers, back to back, of course, I use them, but otherwise, I tend to lose a few of the numbers and they fly down to the floor, etc. They are only about 1" square and end up thrown away. It's really not a big deal and for $25, I'd rather buy fabric than the numbered pins.

Last edited by justflyingin; 10-27-2012 at 10:24 PM.