Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Folding Travel Sewing Table >

Folding Travel Sewing Table

Folding Travel Sewing Table

Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Big Lots carries the same 2' folding table for $20. I bought the Lifetime and then I found the one at Big Lots. Not the same brand but basically the same table. 1/3rd the price. Have my 15-91 sitting on it now although I did put a cushioned mat and small board under it. But it's not bouncing even with the heavy machine.

Originally Posted by AliKat
A couple of things here:

When on a retreat we have 2 people share a long table. Each person faces the other but we take opposite ends so that our machines are over the table legs and our work is able to spread out onto the central area of the table. This way our machines don't bounce all over but are stable.

Yes, the Sew EZ tables are good. Just $$.

Since Sew EZ isn't in my budget I now use a small 2 ft x approx 18" Lifetime 3 height adjustable folding table. I take this when I am working at someone else's home. I actually have 2 of these so if I have a larger project I have extra room. I like the 3 heights available. Last I looked the office supply stores still sold them [Office Max, etc, ?Walmart?] and a friend found her tables at either Costco or Sam's Club.

ali
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 AM

Very interesting!
I am going to check out our Big Lots - we have one left in town I believe and see if they carry that table.
I went to a quilt store for a class and absolutely despised sewing on their tables so I don't want to take any more classes there :(
If I had my own portable non machine taking off like a rocket table then I could actually sew without feeling like we're going to have liftoff... :D
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 AM

The Gidget II that I won earlier this month is portable and cuts down on a lot of the bounce that a folding table has. There's another chance to win one!
http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/comme...binets#read-on
Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
The Gidget II...is portable and cuts down on a lot of the bounce that a folding table has.
Leah Day sells both the Gidget I & Gidget II. The first is only $125 and includes FREE shipping. Both have continuous adjustment, so you could use either with multiple machines you own. These seem a little heavier on the leg structure than the Sew-Ezi, but check for yourself. http://www.daystyledesigns.com/quiltshop.htm She has videos on adjustment either on her site, or You-tube. I am not affiliated with Leah Day in any way.
I have been following her "365 days of FMQ" for quite a while now; she does a new design each day on video, with pictures as well. http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for all of the ideas on folding sewing tables
Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by AliKat
A couple of things here:

When on a retreat we have 2 people share a long table. Each person faces the other but we take opposite ends so that our machines are over the table legs and our work is able to spread out onto the central area of the table. This way our machines don't bounce all over but are stable.

Yes, the Sew EZ tables are good. Just $$.

Since Sew EZ isn't in my budget I now use a small 2 ft x approx 18" Lifetime 3 height adjustable folding table. I take this when I am working at someone else's home. I actually have 2 of these so if I have a larger project I have extra room. I like the 3 heights available. Last I looked the office supply stores still sold them [Office Max, etc, ?Walmart?] and a friend found her tables at either Costco or Sam's Club.

ali
I have a small table as above...I got mine at Sams and it also comes in handy at holiday time when another small table is needed.
It does fold down quite small and is lightweight.
I dont seem to have the bounce on it like the larger tables get. Because the height is adjustable I can make it comfortable for me.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 AM

Thanks for all of the Ideas on folding Sewing table.
I also in search of this folding table.
Thanks again.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 AM

How funny is this, I got my Love of Quilting magazine yesterday and it had this in it ....www.seweziusa.com.... for a protalble table. Not sue how much, didn't look into it yet.