Oh, I was not thinking when I made 54 patchwork blocks of Laurel Bursch fabrics. Once I put everything together today on a design wall, all I could see was a sea of brilliant glare. I guess that is why this WIP has been in my antique pie safe for almost two years.

Upon reading the instructions once again, I realized the importance of combining dark, medium and light values.

I can rescue three sets of 16 blocks for smaller quilts for kids, so it is not a complete loss. By sashing the blocks the brilliance will be toned down a bit :)

Oh yes, I am glad that I ironed and cut my squares for the April swap first. At least I can say that I accomplished something today!!!!