Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Follow-up: searching for a solid/great experience >

Follow-up: searching for a solid/great experience

Follow-up: searching for a solid/great experience

Old 02-02-2015, 01:52 PM

Default Follow-up: searching for a solid/great experience

I want to thank everyone who tried to help me with this. I had been trying to find a match or blend to a Moda solid (not bella) and a Kona. I went to my LQS, who were totally not helpful, and found a FQ that sort of matched enough for the navy. However, the FQ was unidentified, so I posted it here. I'm pretty sure, from the pictures some of you sent, that I had a Marcus or Northcott solid.

Since my LQS had no interest in my problem, I decided to find an online source for Marcus or Northcott and see if they'd identify the right color from a swatch. But first I decided to check Martha's Quilting Corner in TX, since Martha had been so helpful last fall.

They carry primarily Kaufmann and Moda, so I sent an email asking if there was any interest in identifying my Kona. I received a cheerful response in a few hours, and shortly I learned that yes, they had the Kona, and not only that, she had identified a Moda Marble that was a close blend to to the navy.

We probably exchanged 10 emails and photos over a few days, and the Kona is on the way (along with a few other things I could't resist). If I like the Moda, she will order it. Now, to me, that is customer service.

The shop has been closed, as Martha retired, but her DIL, Billie, is running the business as an online store, as her husband is a military pilot. She has quite a few solids and blenders, especially, and is looking to build the business. So, if you don't want to buy a bunch of expensive color cards, sending her a swatch could be a good solution.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 02-02-2015, 02:24 PM

What great customer service!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:00 PM

I'm so glad this worked out for you! I never got a response from my shop owner friend, btw...who is now in the doghouse for that very reason. LOL Good customer service is priceless, isn't it.