Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Followup on Husqvarna fmq foot >

Followup on Husqvarna fmq foot

Followup on Husqvarna fmq foot

Old 10-05-2015, 01:55 PM
cac

Default Followup on Husqvarna fmq foot

Back in August, I asked members to help me with a problem on me breaking two husqvarna fmq feet in a short time. I want to thank "Carslo" for her suggestion. I contacted Leah Day website and purchased the foot she sells for $7. I just used it for the first time and it works great. It seems to be much sturdier than the one made for my machine. I brought the broken foot back to my dealer (for the second time) and they were upset with me and said I must be doing something wrong. They had not heard of any problem with that foot. They did replace it, but told me to never bring another one back, because this is the last time they will replace it. I contacted the husqvarna customer service. She had not heard of this problem, but asked if she could look into it and get back with me. She called me back the next morning and said that some of their employees have had the same problem, so they are aware of it. They just haven't found a fix for it yet. At least I feel better, knowing it's not just me.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:34 PM

I bought foot for fmq somewhere else to..
Old 10-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

I had a problem with the plastic square FMQ foot that Bernina made. I cracked two of them in the same place. They accused me of stepping on it. I never bought another and just still using the darning foot.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:03 PM

Cac, I wish I'd seen your problem. I have broken THREE FM feet. Its annoying beyond belief. I even stole my daughters because I just didn't have time to go back to the dealer and I needed to finish a project. I think I'll check Leah Days!! Would you pm me the email to Husqvarna's customer service. I'd be happy to report the fail to them as well!! (Wish these only cost $7!)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by cac View Post
I brought the broken foot back to my dealer (for the second time) and they were upset with me and said I must be doing something wrong. They had not heard of any problem with that foot. They did replace it, but told me to never bring another one back, because this is the last time they will replace it. I contacted the husqvarna customer service. She had not heard of this problem, but asked if she could look into it and get back with me. She called me back the next morning and said that some of their employees have had the same problem, so they are aware of it. They just haven't found a fix for it yet. At least I feel better, knowing it's not just me.
You should tell the Husqvarna people about the way your local dealer talked to you and that the FMQ feet do have a problem.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
You should tell the Husqvarna people about the way your local dealer talked to you and that the FMQ feet do have a problem.
I would absolutely do that, too. They were wrong to treat you that way.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 AM

I am so glad that my suggestion worked out for you. I just gave up on the Husky foot. I have been using the adapted foot (with a rubber band around it) for ages now with no trouble. I love my Sapphire machine but as we can all attest the hopping/darning foot is not of sufficient quality to use.