Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter Klutz Glove >

Fons & Porter Klutz Glove

Fons & Porter Klutz Glove

Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 AM

Smile Fons & Porter Klutz Glove

I've used the Fons & Porter Klutz glove for years when rotary cutting. Mine is getting worn, so I decided to price another one out. I can't find it anywhere! Is anyone else having problems finding one? I've checked on-line at Jo-Ann's, Amazon, Walmart, and they are not even showing up. What does everyone else use? I need something that will protect my fingers from getting cut and needs to have those little rubber thingies on the fingers so they don't slip. What are you all using and where did you find them?

Happy and safe sewing to everyone!
Old 07-26-2022, 10:26 AM

Amazon has several cut resistant gloves, just type in rotary cutter safety gloves. Remember there are always very good alternatives to many things one may think are quilt specific.

Last edited by tallchick; 07-26-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

I bought a cut resistant glove from Amazon. It looks and feels like Fons and Porter one. Fons and Porter didn't manufacture their own one glove. They put their name on one already in production.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:09 PM

I did some research a year or so ago and found out that Butchers and chefs gloves are almost the same as those very expensive quilter's gloves to protect us from wayward rotary cutters. And they are very inexpensive. -- I got a couple for $3.00 each!! If butchers and restaurant workers are protected from their big knives, they'll surely work for us!!