Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fons & Porter

Just wondered what any of you know about Liz Porter not being on the show anymore. I sure miss her. Hope she'll be back again.

I was wondering the same thing.

This has been discussed before. Liz has moved to Texas to be with family. Marianne's daughter is now on the show. It doesn't seem to be as good as when Liz was on, but it's an adjustment for all.

I guess I just don't like change.

The F&P that was on in our area this Saturday had both Liz and Maryann on it. And it was a new episode...daughter-less.

I saw that show and even though the tv schedule says it was new in 2010, I don't believe it is --- Liz and Maryann look a LOT younger....

Blog Entries
    It could have been the very beginning of 2010 when they were finishing up taping their last season together :D:D:D

i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati

i never saw any with liz and maryann (i'm a pretty new quilter). i would imagine it will take a while for the daughter to get over her nervous chattering. lets give her a chance. (and yes, she seems to talk nonstop)

Jim
    First show that I saw without Liz back a few months ago...Marianne said that Liz had decided to retire and Marianne's daughter would be filling in.

I heard this month that liz had moved to the Austin area or central Texas area if i hear more I will let you know

I heard that Liz wanted to be closer to family. I always thought Maryann and Liz talked over each other! So this isn't such a big change for me. In any case I hope all is well and the show continues to be successful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laurac
    i never saw any with liz and maryann (i'm a pretty new quilter). i would imagine it will take a while for the daughter to get over her nervous chattering. lets give her a chance. (and yes, she seems to talk nonstop)
    Maybe it is nerves on Mary's part - I know I talk nonstop when I am nervous. I like her because MaryAnn and Liz were so far advanced from me and I just couldn't pick up some of the stuff they were talking about, but I am learning all over again with Mary and MaryAnn. They just may fall into a really nice show. Edie

Blog Entries
    I prefer the videos on you tube or Missouri Star Co.

Where are you seeing them? What channel? They aren't on here that I know of but if they were, I'd sure tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by texas granny
    I heard this month that liz had moved to the Austin area or central Texas area if i hear more I will let you know
    I wondered what happened to her ... well the show won't be the same, I always liked Liz & her wry sense of humor
    We visit Austin & the Hill country a lot, maybe we'll run into her at some of the LQS lol :)

If you have a search feature on your computer..............
    enter "Youtube Quilting videos" or whatever it is you would like to view.........
    You can find loads of videos. Just takes a minute to search.

Enjoy

June

Blog Entries
    They stated that Liz wanted to spend time with her grandkids. I am in Texas for the winter, does anyone know what channel they are on on Direct TV? Back in MO they are on Sat mornings at 9:30 PBS

Blog Entries
    They stated that Liz wanted to spend time with her grandkids. I am in Texas for the winter, does anyone know what channel they are on on Direct TV? Back in MO they are on Sat mornings at 9:30 PBS

Their show is on Public Television -- PBS, usually on the weekend.

I'm glad someone brough this up. I have my DVR set to tape all the episodes, and was wondering why the change. Now I know.
    Thanks. I was hopping it wasn't health issues.
    Merry Christmas to you all.
    I have many more projects on my To Do list from looking at the wonderful quilts you all have made and shown. Thanks for the insperation.(spelling?)

I guess I can't handle change - and if it "ain't" broke, then don't fix it. Since I started quilting a few years ago, I've watched every quilting program I could find (mostly on PBS) and F&P made it fun and easy to learn. If Liz is trying to retire and is giving up the show she certainly is going to be missed, but I would rather see just Marianne go solo - with occasional guests then have Mary as co-host. Just my opinion.

I am assuming this is a quilting show? I have been looking for one, so far the closest I have founf is sewing with Nancy. Could someone fill me in with te where and when?
    Thank you!
    David

Blog Entries
    I think it is fantastic that the daughter is following in mom's footsteps. They will do just fine. Enjoyed that show I saw with them both

Here in Saskatoon , they are on KSPS . F&P on Tues. 3:30 PM & Sewing w Nancy on Wed. at 3:30 PM.
    On Sat. Sewing w Nancy at 5:30 AM & Quilt in a Day at 4:30 AM on WTVS. Don't know how much this will help.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast