Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Football field

Blog Entries

Football field

Please help me. I saw a picture of a quilt that was a football field and it had the boys name at each end of the field. I have looked and looked but can't find it now.

My dil just requested a football quilt for a boy that has cancer. The quilt I saw would be perfect.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

Bonnie

Blog Entries
    is this the quilt you are referring to? if so, it's in mccalls quick quilts june/july 2012 issue.

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/quick..._Download?bc=c
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...de-t48933.html

here is another to look at. Not exactly what you mentioned but still cool. (scroll down to third picture)

Blog Entries
    jenny foltz has a whole collection of sport quilt patterns available- including one that sounds like your description- i've made 2 of the football ones- she also has soccer, cheerleading, basketball, hockey...the list goes on-
    type her name into your search engine to see some great ones to choose from
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I am pretty sure there is a football quilt in one of Pam Bono's books. I'll be able to look at mine later (I have several of her books) to see if I can find the name of the book for you, and if it looks like what you described.

I found the football field I was thinking of. It is in Pam Bono's book "Quilt it for Kids". I don't think it is the one you saw, though, as it doesn't have any names on it. This one has the palying field with a helmet in the center of the field, goalposts at each end with a football on each side of the goalposts, with three wide borders. The three borders have megaphones all along them. It is really cute, and it wouldn't be hard to modify it to include block-letter names on the ends, like you want.
    Did you find the one you previously saw?