Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ford Mustang Fabric >

Ford Mustang Fabric

Ford Mustang Fabric

Old 08-16-2021, 01:04 PM

Default Ford Mustang Fabric

I am looking for Ford Mustang Cotton Fabric. I could sure use some leads as to where I can buy a few yards.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:52 PM

Google is your friend. I put "Ford Mustang Cotton Fabric" in the search box and lots of options came up. Amazon lists a bunch but turns out they are unavailable right now. Etsy, however has plenty.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:01 PM

I have googled it. Amazon does not currently have any. I went on their site. I don't order from Etsy.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:16 AM

I’ve ordered numerous times from Etsy, with great experience every time. Why won’t you order from them?
Old 08-17-2021, 05:07 AM

I think those advertising the mustang fabrics on Etsy are selling digital prints, which they make after you order them. It appears to be the same on Ebay. They are going for about 18.00 per yard. I have no experience with digital fabric makers. However, I got the impression that these makers are in China. If I were to order digital prints, I would use Spoonflower.com.

I've only ordered regular fabric from Etsy a couple of times, but it went well both times.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 08-17-2021 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:39 AM

When I'm searching for particular fabric, I may start the search a couple of years before the project. It can take that long to find the right things if it isn't currently commercially available. For what is commercially available, this search from fabric.com pretty well shows what's out there:
https://www.fabric.com/find?fiber-co...searchText=car

I've used the major sites for re-sellers, first I start out at Amazon, and yes I look at ebay and etsy. For the most part, I haven't had any problems in 20 years of buying from individuals or small non-local businesses on line. I've had many problems with the chains over the same 20 years.

In this case, going through Spoonflower yourself or others is probably the way to go. Lots of things under cars, here's a search on mustang which means you have to go through some horse prints too:
https://www.spoonflower.com/en/shop?...rt=bestSelling
Old 08-17-2021, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Hope you can find. The yards I have found have been on EBay, usually only a yard at a time. I do a search/notify feature on Ebay then get notified if something is listed. That print goes very fast. Good Luck !
Old 08-18-2021, 11:01 AM

There are a couple of newish Ford Mustang fabrics out there that might be available at quilt shops still. I've purchased some vintage Mustang and Corvette fabrics from eBay. They are sometimes pricey, but you can find OOP fabrics that are really nice.