Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forgotten stash found!

I have misplaced some Christgmas fabric that I bought a couple of months ago. I would much rather find fabric than lose it!

Oh, yes! I know what is in the sewing room because I cleaned it recently but I do have some stuff in storage that will be a great surprise when I get to it.

Power Poster
    Who me??? Never. LOL. Even after purging my stash before we had to move to a 2 bedroom apt. I've found some fabric I knew I bought, but hadn't seen in forever. I'm slowly trying to get all my "ducks in a row" so to speak so I can find what I want when I go look for it. Yes, I know, in a perfect world, but I can try. It is fun when you discover fabric you had forgotten about though.

I'm getting ready to go through my bins to make 2 1/2inch strips for a scrappy. I can't wait to see what all is in there.

Maybe 2013 will be the year I finally get all my stash organized. I've started cutting left overs into 2 1/2, 2 and 1 1/2 inch strips/squares. I want to keep all larger pieces separated by approximate size as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
    I'm getting ready to go through my bins to make 2 1/2inch strips for a scrappy. I can't wait to see what all is in there.

Maybe 2013 will be the year I finally get all my stash organized. I've started cutting left overs into 2 1/2, 2 and 1 1/2 inch strips/squares. I want to keep all larger pieces separated by approximate size as well.
    Unfortunately I'll never get really organized. I simply do not have the space. Drat!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I have found 'surprises' many times and most of the time I can't remember the purpose I had in mind when I made the purchase.

Blog Entries
    When I moved into my sewing room I was surprised several times. Once I get it super organised (Lol) I should know where everything is.

My DH was helping me look for a tablerunner my mother had made many years ago and while looking he uncovered much of my stash that I had forgotten all about. He told me I had soooo much it was like Christmas everytime I opened a box...I couldn't disaggree with him! It was like uncovering a trusure!

Blog Entries
    All the time...sometimes more than once!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Oh, I find stuff and it's either "Eureka!" or "What was I thinking when I bought that?"

I do it too. I've found fabric I'd forgotten about buying. And books. And patterns. What really gets me is when I find a duplicate book or pattern.

Unhappy Forgotten stash found

I, too, have experiences like this...asking myself where and when but most importantly of all the questions was why? Or I finds a stash obviously bought for a particular pattern but no pattern to be found. Then I have to ask the question, what do I do next? Separate it into the major stash or leave it together and hope someday I will remember the "why" and find the pattern.

Yes, and it's always like getting a present!! Have fun!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I am in the process of moving and I have found all sorts of things, especially some UFOs that I had completely forgotten about.
    Create with joy in your heart!

Yes! Yes! & Yes! Been there done that many times. Then I think, I need to stop buying fabric till I know what I already have hidden. Then I think again, NOPE, can't stop. I just don't have the will not to buy.

RDM
    Blog Entries
    This happens every time I re-organize my studio space, I find forgotten hidden fabrics. You're right, it's like new stuff.

Luv those surprises!!!

Constantly rediscovering... everytime I start a new project to clean the room!

Yes, I've done all of this. Last year as I was finishing Christmas projects thinking I had shrunk my supply a bit I found about 7 yards of fabric I purchased at the end of the season close-out sale! And yes I have multiple copies of a few patterns. Oh well...

Yes and no. I never forget where I have fabric stashed away, but I frequently forget just what fabric is in those boxes. That is why I love those clear plastic bins. I'm trying to use up the fabric in the cardboard boxes now. Guses what my friend and neighbor got me for Christmas. You guessed it - more fabric.
    Happy quilting Grandma

Oh, yeah! Last summer I purchased 5 1-yd cuts of some beautiful batiks, then put them away when I got home & forgot them. Found them a few weeks later, but still haven't decided what I'm going to create from them!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Oh, an addittion to the above note...If I do purchase fabric with a project in mind, I tend to put the pattern for said project with my purchase; that way if I 'lose it' for awhile and then rediscover it, I have what I need and the reason for it.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

I'm like JoJo47, I put the pattern with the fabric .....I can't tell you how many times I bought fabric for a certain pattern and used it for something else. One of these days I'll have to quit buying more fabrics and patterns and use some of the 35 or 40 projects I have sitting on the shelf. My problem is I hang out at the LQS too much....BOM, Thimbleberries club, sew group. If I could just stay away from all the new fabrics and patterns!!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2