Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found the bandana fabric I wanted... >

Found the bandana fabric I wanted...

Found the bandana fabric I wanted...

Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 PM

Default Found the bandana fabric I wanted...

I saw bandana fabric in various colors and only bought it in purple, but I have finally got this fabric in various colors (thanks to my sister, the super shopper!!).

I intend to make a puzzle quilt with these fabrics, though I now am having second thoughts about two things.

First, even though there is a dark sort of redish color, I don't have any of the traditional red bandana fabric. I think I should get some.

Second, the tan fabric that is in front doesn't seem happy with the other colors. If you were planning this quilt, would you use the tan fabric?

So, if it was your quilt, would you find red bandana fabric (very easy to find) and would you use the tan??

Thanks for any opinions. The first picture will be of my fabric, the second of a quilt in the pattern I am going to use the fabric for.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001973.jpg   bonnies-quilt.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Hi Dina. I think it is going to work with what you have. I assume you don't have EQ. That really takes the guess work out of placement with what you have.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:44 PM

I think you need the tan to have good contrast with all the other colors.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

i'd use all of the ones that you have... even the tan. adding the traditional red would be fine, too, but the red you have will work.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:10 PM

Thanks for your input! It certainly is easier to use what I have....and I believe I just will!

Dina
Old 09-25-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Hi Dina. I think it is going to work with what you have. I assume you don't have EQ. That really takes the guess work out of placement with what you have.
No, I don't have EQ. They just recently made it available for Mac (which I use), but I don't think I have the patience to learn it. I have watched my sister use hers, and it is way too complicated for me.

Dina
Old 09-25-2014, 04:16 PM

The red you have works for me. If you get another red, I think you should take this one out.

I would not use the tan unless I had to have it to get the size I wanted. There is nothing wrong with the tan. I just happen to be a bright color girl.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:43 PM

Before sewing it all together with the tan, make one square up and see if you like it. That is the only way I can see if I like it and then have to ask a few people. I really need help when it comes to colors and sometimes when I get the whole quilt together it hits me and I don't finish the quilt.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 PM

I think it will look good as it is, but then I'm the one that bought the fabric! I might have some red bandana fabric if you want to try it. Let me know what you decide.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:09 PM

I think the colors you have are great. The red looks like traditional bandanas. I also agree, the tan will make the other colors pop.
Sue