Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Found a set of rulers I forgot about.

Blog Entries

Found a set of rulers I forgot about.

On impulse, I bought the whole line of these rulers at a quilt show a few years ago. I put them up and forgot about them until I moved my sewing room. I was thinking I'd donate them to my quilt silent auction table. I got them out and was reading the instructions and the book that came with them. I cut a few blocks and then a few more. The rulers are fantastic! Everything matches and fits with every shape cut from all of them. Hundreds of quilt block possibilities. Anyone have these?

http://www.sewinspired.com/
    Got fabric?

Thanks for the reminder - I actually bought them and put them away also. Will have to remember to drag them out when I get a minute.

Isn't it amazing what we find when we have a little time to clean up our space?
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I'd never seen them before. They look interesting.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

for me they look way tooo intimidating

Blog Entries
    I clicked on this link from their page http://www.sewinspired.com/sew-inspi...ecing-method™/ and was pleasantly surprised to learn a really creative way to sew curved seams! Now maybe I will attempt that Apple Core quilt!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    They look like a lot of fun. I had not seen that set before.

i would have to be a darn serious quilter to get all of the templates. the finished products they show look wonderful! i certainly can't justify the expense, but i can understand why others do. the results are stunning.

That reminds me if I ever do invest in rulers for making curves I want to get that sewing foot for sewing curved seams. Anyone remember the name of that thing? I'm starting myself a shopping list for future projects just like I do for groceries. Of course, by the time I get around to the project something new and better will have come along.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I've never seen them but now you've got me intrigued!

Silver needle: the presser foot that sews curves is the Curve Master. Haven't used it, but have watched demos - it seems to work well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
    That reminds me if I ever do invest in rulers for making curves I want to get that sewing foot for sewing curved seams. Anyone remember the name of that thing? I'm starting myself a shopping list for future projects just like I do for groceries. Of course, by the time I get around to the project something new and better will have come along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietow View Post
    Silver needle: the presser foot that sews curves is the Curve Master. Haven't used it, but have watched demos - it seems to work well.
    I have the Curvemaster foot and there is quite a learning curve to it! I only played with it one day, trying to put an apple core together. I still need more practice!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I also bought the entire set also. Every month for a year, a charge on my CC and the rulers would show up. I did use them for a quilt, which turned out really nice. It does make curved pieces really really easy to do. Basically you use a double sticky narrow tape (which later dissolves) to secure the two curved pieces together when sewing. I do wish they were sold in a large and small set so I didn't have to spend so much money. Concept does work though! Will have to take another look at them when we move into a new house in 4 months.
    Last edited by psquared52; 09-30-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
    That foot was called a Curve Master.

Blog Entries
    I thought about buying those templates but I talked myself out of it. I might have to change my mind. I have the curved piecing foot somewhere but I can't find it. I would like to find it for my next project

Blog Entries
    The tape is called Wonder Tape. It's great to match seams on any quilt block. It washes out completely. I use it instead of pins for applique. JoAnns sells it.
    Got fabric?

I have a lot of templates & use them a lot easy to use happy quilting I am making Tshirts quilts now

Gee I must live in a cave for I have never seen or heard of these before! They look interesting. Look forward to seeing your future projects made with these. Remind us that you used these templates ok. Have fun!

Yikes I just looked at the website a little more closely and checked out the price. Holy cow these are sure pricey!!

I've never seen these - they sure look fun to work with!