Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Free Pin

OK so this little quilt block wouldn't be that hard to piece and if you embroidered the letter Q B in the center would that work. Our guild did this with out logo and most of us just used a large safety pin sewn on to the back to attach it.

Blog Entries
    Thank you ghostrider for link to card... didn't know we had one... printed one out wallet size...

I think the quilt pin idea sounds good. It could be as simple as 2 or 3 colors of ribbons tacked together and a little cardboard circle with QB on it. Something like that would be enough so we could recognize other board members.

Blog Entries
    what about a tiny quilt with a bee on it as we are all bee's wether it is busy bee quilt bee ore newbee's?
    Eve

My Mom just got me a charm on a necklace chain - the charm contains a fabric square - log cabin - you can put any small block in them for personalizing.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I'm with you gramajo, I can barely follow a pattern, much less design something. I would love to have a pin to wear to shows or traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. Now if someone can design it. I'm not the one to do it; I have enough trouble following a pattern.
    Have a blessed day.

Linda

One of the local quilting guilds has a cute lapel pin that looks like a quilt square.

I would LOVE to wear a pin that says Quilting Board Member or anything similar.

I wasn't aware that we had membership card. Thanks for the info.

I would like the directions and measurements for the lovely quilt square on the membership card.

I also didn't know thee was a card, and printed one off. Now to get it laminated so it will last in my billfold. I also would love to have a QB pin. I think that would be a neat idea. I'll watch and see what happens here. Thanks for the idea!
    Janis

Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    How does one get a card?????? Edie
    You go to that page and click on the File Type: pdf Attachment-57420.pdf there and download the card and print it.

Janis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
    Keep this idea going. Someone will know how to make a lapel pin. We could charge the price of the pin and a bit more to donate the proceeds to a non profit.
    Sorry to be a buzzkill but you couldn't do that without permission from the company that hosts us. There'd be all sorts of legal issues involved - including trademark and copyrights.

it's best if each person makes their own. i used iron on sequin letters to put the board name on the back of a t-shirt once. i'd still have it if i had spelled it correctly! LOL LOL LOL
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Blog Entries
    Fantastic; now I feel "official."
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    Sorry to be a buzzkill but you couldn't do that without permission from the company that hosts us. There'd be all sorts of legal issues involved - including trademark and copyrights.

it's best if each person makes their own. i used iron on sequin letters to put the board name on the back of a t-shirt once. i'd still have it if i had spelled it correctly! LOL LOL LOL
    PatriceJ, is there a chance that they would like to promote a pin for us to buy? It would surely advertise the site to others. I'd go for that if it was a good looking pin.
    Janis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post

I think everyone just wants a way to identify each other when we are on our quilt outings. How do we approach "the company" about designing a pin that would would all love and wear proudly.
    Sewflower

I think the pin idea is great. I didn't know about the card either, but printed one out. I have been in the lurking section for some time and am finally going for it. I love this forum and it has been so informative. Thank you.

I feel so special I have an official QB card! Yeah!!! Now how to take that and make it a lapel pin. Hmmmm......

DJ
    I would love to have a pin. It's hard to imagine why the powers that be would object. Sounds like free advertising to me! JMHO

I really think you need to let go of the idea of having a mass produced "official" QB membership pin. Aside from the previously mentioned copyright and trademark hurdles, it's simply not appropriate to have something members have to PAY for to show their association with QB. Far better for everyone to come up with their own ID using their own talents and their own resources. No one winds up being excluded that way and it reinforces the uniqueness of each of us.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Thanks for the link to the card. May have to make the block just because it is neat.

mltquilt

Blog Entries
    Why don't we all make a name tag out of the block that was put in for the membership card. We could get colors as close to those used if we can, or just use our favorite colors, as long as we use the same pattern. It would be very easy for anyone to draft - Just 2 half square triangles for each corner, and three strip-pieced blocks for the sides. I'm sure we all could do that. I'm going to figure out some way to put my name, probably in the center square, and sew a pin on the back, and we could all wear that any place we go.

Blog Entries
    I, of course, don't remember it, but I think it is a good idea we could all adopt. I like it. Let's do it again.

I can't down load the card! can somebody tall me if there is a way to update photoshop to get it? or is there a way around it?
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

I was at Hobby Lobby, this morning, and ran across an interesting book, "Quilt Block Fridgie Magnets," by Mary Layfield. They're worked on plastic canvas. Was thinking we could make one for "our" quilt block, then put a pin onto it.

Yes, I had to buy the book because I had a 40% off coupon . . . and HAD to use it on something! LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast