Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fun & done quilting >

fun & done quilting

fun & done quilting

Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 PM

What size is the template for the fun & done does any one know. My LQS doesn't have one and I'm not working right now don't want to order one and not like it can't waste money I don't have.
I have blocks done with batting attached no backing they are 8x8 if I wanted to do fun & done method what size do I made the backing? Does anyone have the actual templates and do you like them. Are there different sizes or can you buy different ones? Appreciate any input....
Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

There are some measurements here if you read down at the botom of the page.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-16894-2.htm
Old 06-23-2011, 12:49 PM

You can do them any size just cut the backing 2 inches larger..If you click on my name on this post go to my profile page and my topics created there are some ideas of how I made mine on page 4
Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 PM

I made my own templates so that I could vary the size of the block. However, in Fun and Done you sew the blocks together putting the batting and backing on at the same time. I am confused that you already have the blocks done with the batting on but not the backing. I suppose you could still use the method to put the blocks together but it wouldn't be the same as if it was layered while you were making the block. If you decide to make your own template, I used a vinyl tile that I cut to the size I wanted. it worked great.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 PM

I have them and one is 7 1/2 in and the other is 9 1/2 inchs.
The small one is for the blocks and the batting. The large is for the backing that pulls to the front and you sew down for the sashing.
You put all three layers togather at the same time. You are quilting the block as you go using strips for the block design, then pulling the backing to the front of two blocks and sewing them togather then you sew each side of the backing over each block to make a sashing. Hard to explain but really simple.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216109.jpe