Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For fun:  What do you call yourself? >

For fun: What do you call yourself?

For fun: What do you call yourself?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM

Well, I really don't know what to call myself..but everyone else calls me...
"She can do anything"... I cook, I bake, I sew, I piece tops, I quilt, I longarm, I paint, I crochet, I knit (which I don't care for) I embroidery, I play keyboard and guitar, I collect all things about sewing, had my own hair salon, did nails for a while...I make pincushions, I even clean house...when I'm not on the quilting board...I love God, my family, my grandkids, and my life..been married 50 years..always looking for some new adventure...
Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 AM

I am just having fun whether I sew or quilt. can I be a" funner? "
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM

I prefer the term "seamstress" as sewer indicates to my mind anyway, waste conduit. I think seamstress covers anything that is sewn, either by hand or machine, being it a quilt, a blouse, or slipcovers to buttons sewn on a garment. Seamstress is a time honored profession. I would call you a unique and wonderful person.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 AM

For the mistakes I make, I usually call my self a Dumb A**.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marijeaux View Post
For the mistakes I make, I usually call my self a Dumb A**.
Ahhhhh nooooooo, we all make mistakes, don't be so hard on yourself. AT least you are trying so call yourself a Tryer or even better, a Doer. Only those who don't Do, don't make mistakes!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
Here, I call myself a quilter. I like the word. It even sounds creative.

Other times, I am Yankee, Lefty, or doorman for animals. (five cats and a dog, and someone is ALWAYS wanting to go out or come in)

Doggie Doorman here, too. I've got 2 big dogs and baby sit my 2 grandpups. ALL DAY LONG, they want where they're not. I've begged hubby for a doggie door, but he's afraid varmits might come in. NO VARMIT in its right mind would come near the house, much less IN the house.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM

I am a "stitcher". I don't like the term sewer as it is spelled the same as the place our sewage goes. lol I don't make garments any more. Quilting and machine embroidery are a lot more fun.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM

I love and agree with sak658's entry; although it depends on who you ask or on what day you ask for me. My kids think one thing; my friends think another; my husband thinks yet another ("road trip time" right in the middle of my most recent quilt design effort); the preacher and his wife still another--the list goes on. But the best part is "Grannie" to 8 grands and 5 great-grands.....
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 AM

Default What do you call yourself?

I am a mother, quilter, carpenter and problem solver. Dog feeder, dog walker, mail getter, chauffer, maintenance person, cleaning person, emotional therapist for the children, homework helper. You name it~I do it!

In other terms~MOM
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Default Making COVERS

Does anyone else besides me make COVERS????

I am a "covers" quilter. I make pieced tops mostly for Project Linus and I like to think of those kids wrapped up in covers I have pieced. The last garment I made was a robe for DH which he loves and is on a mission to wear out! I hope he doesn't because just thinking about that slippery material makes me appreciate my quilt/covers cottons! I have made clothes for everyone in my family, especially my boys and myself. I never would take money for doing any sewing because that gave me to liberty to say "NO" to anyone who asked. In my misspent youth, I did some hemming and altering for friends but hated doing that mess so much it was a true gift of love. Pretty sure that ship has sailed, LOL!
I used to tell my high school students I'd answer to anything except "Hey, YOU!" and "Mud Face" but I will probably answer to those now that my hearing is going according to DH. I LOVE to wait on my DH as well because he's so good to me. (Read prior posts to learn more about my jewel of a husband!)
Like some of you lucky folks, my favorite name is Honey, Grandma and Granny! Can't hear them enough! Otherwise, I am retired and enjoying just being on my own terms. God is good!

Last edited by mhollifiel; 09-29-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: clarity