Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fusing Batting Scraps >

Fusing Batting Scraps

Fusing Batting Scraps

Old 03-25-2022, 09:33 AM

Default Fusing Batting Scraps

I have the tape to fuse batting scraps and tried to zig zag stitchings. Seems sometimes the seams lays flat and sometimes it's a mess when stitching . I do trim the scraps so I'm attaching straight edges. Using big ZZ sticthes. Even if I'm using same brand of batting I'm having issues. Help please.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:26 AM

I found that I have to loosen my tension when I sew my batting together I hope that helps you
Old 03-25-2022, 11:05 AM

I use a walking foot and I also use a three step zigzag stitch and I lengthen the stitch and use the widest zigzag. If you have problems feeding the batting, you could try and use a light weight strip of paper under the batting. I use a product call "Stitch and Ditch". It came on a roll and is very easy to rip off.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:25 AM

I have been known to stitch together many Frankenstein batts. I always use a wide zig zag stitch and if I am coming to an uneven area I will double stitch it to avoid a lump. I do my best to insure straight lines, on curves, in the pieces and it usually works out. I thinks we all end up with a lump or bump or raised area from time to time. Some times I find these are caused because of stretches in the batting. I try to cut those areas away. Best of luck.