Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gadgets you feel are worth the money. >

Gadgets you feel are worth the money.

Gadgets you feel are worth the money.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 AM

Default The Cutter Gizmo?

this does look interesting http://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Quilter-.../dp/B0044PNN88
I would like to hear from others if you have one and if you really use it or did you use it once and throw it in a drawer. I agree with another poster that it does seem like it would be a space taker.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 PM

MY Hero, I am learning to do the same. When you have quilting friends you get to try the stuff they liked or didn't and then decide.
This was in response to not buying any more .

Last edited by christina bennett; 01-10-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I thought this reply would follow the person I was agreeing with.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Where did you get your Rule Steady?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by paulina View Post
I need that. I have two nasty cuts right now that come from bumping my hand into the rotary cutter being held in the other hand. It wasn't even cutting, just holding it perfectly still and I managed to seriously cut myself TWO TIMES!!
This is exactly how I came to get an Olfa rotary cutter - the kind that retracts automatically. I was constantly knicking my fingers by hitting the blade when I was reaching for it. And then when one of those cuts was more serious, I decided I had to get another rotary cutter. I love the Olfa and will never use anything else.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM

My June Taylor Shape Cut ruler and my Tooltron snips.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by janny40 View Post
My best seam ripper is a scissors - Its a surgical scissors like they use to sew up wounds in the hospital. It works just great. Much faster then a regular seam ripper. Try it, you'll like it.
I use those too! The ER in the hospital where I worked bought disposable kits that included small, very sharp, stainless steel scissors. When they were done, they just tossed the rest of the kit. I had a friend there that collected the unused scissors for me. I retired 3 years ago and I'm still using them to rip seams and clip threads. The other newer thing I have discovered is the red wonder clips. I use them for everything! I rarely use pins now. I use them to hold pieces together to sew, when I'm matching seams or putting on binding. They hold the fabric without distortion and they are easy to remove as I sew.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I couldn't get along without my tweezers to pull the needle thru when hand quilting. My fingers just won't grip the needle on their own. I love my little chalk marking gadget with the rolling wheel. Use it all the time. Love my Vonda's quilt frames. They are so easy to set up and use. Then I can store them in there own carrying box right in the closet when not in use. My design wall. I could not have done this last quilt without it. Would have been way too many pieces to lay out anywhere else. Enjoy my little pressing board because it is flat and firm and looks good. One of my favorite gadget rulers is 6" x 1" and I use it to mark 1/4 in seam lines for outline stitching. I think I may like gadgets...