Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gammill longarm bobbin gets HOT >

Gammill longarm bobbin gets HOT

Gammill longarm bobbin gets HOT

Old 02-15-2021, 09:42 AM

Default Gammill longarm bobbin gets HOT

HELP! I have a gammill longarm quilting machine and the bobbin always gets soooooo hot. By that I mean I quilt not even two rows on a king size and if I touch the bobbin it’ll burn me bad enough to blister hot. You can feel the heat radiating from two inches away and it smells hot as well.

-My tension is not too tight, I know because I keep it on the looser end because if it’s the least bit too tight my thread will break like crazy.
-I’ve oiled it as suggested in the manual and keep it oiled well like the manual says.
-I’ve cleaned the lint from the bobbin case and around it and replaced the bobbin case for a brand new one, didn’t solve much for me.

It’s getting old having to stop every row or two to let it cool down. I’ve checked all the troubleshooting guides and spoke with our troubleshooting person on the telephone and still can’t seem to figure out or solve the issue. Hoping to get some answers here. It’s making a nice stitch but turning the thread gray from the heat.

Last edited by RCSWI; 02-15-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-15-2021, 11:15 AM

I would not use your machine at this point in time. Something is very wrong, please call a repair man to your home to check your machine or take it into a dealer that does work on long arms. It could be a bad wire or any number of things and could catch on fire. Welcome to the board. Peace, Brenda