Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Getting a Janome 4900 QC! Any advice?

Hi all,

The quilt store near-ish to my house is having its annual anniversary sale this weekend, and they are having 40% off sewing machines (if you come in between 8am and 9am).

I've looked into getting a new sewing machine for a while, since I have a very basic 14 year old Kenmore sewing machine. I think I've settled on a Janome 4900 QC, which has a lot of great features (but still has a free arm for normal sewing and isn't as expensive as other similar machines, such as Berninas).

I'm pretty nervous about getting such a high-tech machine and making such a pricey investment! Does anyone have any good advice about Janomes, or computerized sewing machines in general? Thanks for your tips.

YOu will never regret getting it, They are work horses and need very little or no maintanence as long as you keep them clesn. I have three and have had a Janome since 1995 with out any problems. Two of them are embroidery machines and one is the 3500 which I take to class cause it is lighter weight. Enjoy and have fun. Marge

What a great sale. I would go for it if it was me.

go for it for sure. i love both my janomes, a 350E embroidery machine and the 6600 sewing machine.

I am thinking of purchasing these two machines (6600 and 350E). Do you mind sharing their approximate costs so I have an idea what to suggest when I go to the dealer?

Michelle

I love my two Janome's. One is a computerized machine and the other is an embroidery machine.

Both workhorses!!

(I also have a Singer featherweight. I love them all!!!) :D