Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Glide Thread >

Glide Thread

Glide Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
The Sigma thread at the metroemb site is a good buy but for one .89 spool the shipping is $6. I put more spools in the cart and shipping went up to $14. That is way too much to pay for shipping for small spools of thread.
They have a $11.85 flat rate option for anywhere in the U.S. I put something like 30 of their large spools in the cart and the flat rate shipping option stayed at $11.85. That's what makes it so tempting to load up during their sale!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:53 AM

I love, love, love my Glide thread. I emailed them and they sent me a sample spool which I also shared with the other 3 big quilt machine users in my small guild... they all love Glide now and don't want to use anything else anymore.
It is amazing... no lint.. perfect tension with each bobbin I wind. It's amazing.
If you order $75 you get free shipping...

having said that... I heard a rumor from a local quilt shop employee that FilTech is going to be raising the prices of Glide so that the local dealers can sell it for $10.95 a spool. Tha't's what my local shop sells it for. Howvever I just got off the phone with Fil Tech. They said the prices are going to be going up but not much. It will be like a 25 cent raise.. not the $3.75 raise the quilt shop employee said it would be...

If you have other friends that have big quilt machines or want to order stuff from them, go in together to hit that free shipping...
Oh and the colors they show online are not too accurate. I bought a color card with my first order. I wish I had access to a color card before my first order because I'm now the proud owner of 3 spools of very similar colored off whites.. sigh. I thought I was getting darker colors than I was. It is what it is. They'll get used.

I love their 10cg7 grey color the most. I have used it on several quilts and it is like the magic color for me. It has looked fabulous on all of them. I just finished my first spool of that and already miss it so I definitely need to order more!