Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to JoAnn's this weekend...Yea or Nay >

Going to JoAnn's this weekend...Yea or Nay

Going to JoAnn's this weekend...Yea or Nay

Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 AM

Been there twice already - had my eye on bundled fat quarters, used my 2 40% off coupons with my 10% off coupon and got 2 sets. Going back today or tomorrow for more sets to make the ShopHop Spring Quilt blocks. Just got a 50% off coupon from Michaels that I will use at JoAnn's also.
HAPPY 4th to everyone from Michigan!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:57 AM

I'm waiting until the 17th to buy my bolt of solid black for the stain glass quilt on my list. It's just too crazy out there this weekend -- gotta cross a toll bridge. Going is ok because the traffic is lighter going towards San Francisco but a lot of folks are still heading out of town and going North towards Sacramento and further towards Washington & Oregon and the wait to cross the bridge could be more than a couple of hours. So the discount is just not worth it at this time. Besides, I have company coming to BBQ so I guess I need to tidy up a bit -- my sewing/bedroom is a mess. Of course, I could just close the door... Have a great time shopping!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SchuylerJean
Have fun. I like JoAnn. will be going soon to get the back of my daughters quilt. Looking for something with cherrys.
Oooo, I just saw some neat cherry fabric at Joanns on Friday. Good luck!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:12 AM

I went yesterday. Spent 50 bucks..lol
3yds of patriotic fabric
some embroidery sewing machine needles
some webbing straps and buckles for an apron
some templates and a magazine.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Walked around the store aimlessly for about 1/2 hr because I couldn't decide on which patriotic fabric I wanted. I would pick one up, carry it around for about 10 minutes then go pick up another, then another. I didn't have any particular pattern in mind so it made it really difficult to decide. I ended up buying none of them. I'm sure I kept the security camera's pretty busy! :lol:

I keep thinking about them, so I'll probably go back before my first 40% off coupon expires. Decisions...decisions...decisions.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Yup, I'm going. Actually it will be my second time, I forgot my coupons on my first trip.

Wish me luck! :thumbup:
Went there first thing this morning and the store was empty. I notice their fabric line is of much better quality and better choices plus the girls working there are super nice.

Any of you folks on the Board that are having problems with customer service at the JoAnn's stores, drive on up to Waterville, ME and shop. I mean, how far out of your way can it be?

I actually first went to Wal-Mart, found the fabric I wanted and stood at the cutting table with no help in sight. My DH went to the next dept. to ask them to page someone, still nobody showed up. If I knew how to work the little gizmo that prints out the yardage and receipt, I would have done it myself. We stood there waiting for 20 minutes before storming out. We noticed there were numerous bolts of fabric on the cutting table where people must have done the same. I'll never shop there again.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 AM

10% coupon is good for Sun and Mon.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM

I went to Joann's Friday. I just came into a little bit of money and hubby and I decided that I should get a little shopping trip out of it and the rest for bills. So I bought a whole bolt (40yards) of batting. Fabric to make 1 small quilt. Fab for a flannel rag quilt some thread and other things that I have been needing.
I spent $375 :shock: I have never spent that much on fabric at once. Kidna felt good :) Most of it was the batting. Then I went to Walmart and stocked up on alot more fabric enough for 2 quilt plus my muslin that I love.
I am hoping that I can go shopping at a LQS I have never been but maybe I can make a small quilt.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I went to Joann's Friday. I just came into a little bit of money and hubby and I decided that I should get a little shopping trip out of it and the rest for bills. So I bought a whole bolt (40yards) of batting. Fabric to make 1 small quilt. Fab for a flannel rag quilt some thread and other things that I have been needing.
I spent $375 :shock: I have never spent that much on fabric at once. Kidna felt good :) Most of it was the batting. Then I went to Walmart and stocked up on alot more fabric enough for 2 quilt plus my muslin that I love.
I am hoping that I can go shopping at a LQS I have never been but maybe I can make a small quilt.
Awww, go ahead and go to your LQS. Treat yourself. You will love the sheer selection of fabrics!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:14 PM

made my trip there today. Bought a package of batting (-40%) for 2 Kids Quilts and about 8 spools of thread(50% off). Plus another 10% off total order - not too big of a bill $42.00