Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Lancaster this weekend

Which quilt shops can I just not miss???

Zooks is probably the largest store, but since they are all on the main drag, and within walking distance of each other - I usually visit all of them!!

How many is all??

I'm so jealous--can I stowaway in your suitcase?
    Rose Hall

I would recommend going into Intercourse as well. The Peoples Place http://www.ppquiltmuseum.com/

I was there just last weekend. It was great but wish I had more money to spend. I liked Zooks the bestl.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh, oh k (hopping up and down and waving hands in air!!!) you couldn't make a small detour and pick me up on your way, could you? :mrgreen: I'd LOVE to go there! And how great does that sound 'they're all on the main drag'! Go on tell, make me really jealous, how many are there? Sounds like paradise to me! Go early k and go in all of them! :wink: :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    PS - just looked at your link feline, WOW I wish there were places like that round here! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    Rose Hall
    Yes Rose I would love to take you there and rejuvenate your love of the art.

Ok I will look into Intercourse too. HUMMMM that didn't sound quite right did it? I will have to prep the hubs. His patients is thin sometimes. usually after the third place he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    Rose Hall
    Yes Rose I would love to take you there and rejuvenate your love of the art.

Ok I will look into Intercourse too. HUMMMM that didn't sound quite right did it? I will have to prep the hubs. His patients is thin sometimes. usually after the third place he is done.
    I think you might be able to get your husbands attention after all. LOL
    Rose

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    While you are there if you have time, you should check out the farmers market. YUMMMMMMMO

If you are going East on Route 30 and pass the big mall, about 1 mile (I am a poor judge of distance) there is a place called Dutchland Quilt Patch. They have gifts on the 1st floor and fabulous fabric on the second level. It is on the left hand side of the road. There is also several other shops in the ares (not fabric) like woodworking things etc. Enjoy your trip. Also if you are up around Lititz there is a place called Weavers just outside of Litiz on Route501 north. They have excellent prices. Marge

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    Oh if you are there on a weekend/Saturday drive the back roads for yard sales. Many years ago I was there and found a lovely vintage blue and white quilt, I didn't buy it and always wish I had.

Here I am (the hitch hiker with thumb out) Please please come get me. I am only 5 hours from where you will be (I think).
    Gosh this sounds like fun. Let us know all about your hop.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    How many is all??
    ROFLMAO! More than half a dozen? More than a dozen? I don't actually know, but I'm sure I saw at least half a dozen on my way to The Old Country Store in Intercourse (which is a town in Lancaster, along with Bird-in-Hand and others).

Ya know, all of you who want to go with her, we could plan this out for a couple of days next summer. We could meet each other and shop and get a group rate on a good place to stay and eat Amish food and quilt and quilt and quilt and quilt...

wvdek, I don't know where you are in WV, but I do know it's 5 hours from Parkersburg, WV to Philly, and Lancaster is at least an hour closer, so only 4 hours from Parkersburg. Quite close, really! :D

I wanna go too (whining and sulking with my head down and hands behind my back, bottom lip stuck out).

Next year- a trip- that's cool. I'm about 2 or 2 1/2 hrs. from lancaster. Easy road trip for me. :)

Yeah that is how far I ma from it too. DH told me he has to work on Monday so now I am not sure if I am going or not. :cry:

K

Send Marcia a PM she's just come back from Lancaster this past weekend. She will know where to advise you to go as I know she bought loads of fabrics when she went.

Oh BTW can you nip over the pond & collect me too PLEASE!!!!!!!

ENJOY

Tisha

Most of the Amish stores are closed on Sundays and since Monday is a holiday they might not be open then either. Just wondering?? You might want to call ahead and make sure. Marge

Yeah I think I will call. Thanks

Zook's is always top of my list whenever I'm in the Lancaster area. Country Store is across the road from Zook's, maybe a block or two awat, kind of right across from that big parking lot. Zook's is always less expensive but Country Store has lots of batiks at good prices.
    May in Jersey

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I keep reading this thread just to make myself pout and stamp my foot because I CAN'T GO!!! If you do go K, will you show us all the lovely stuff you buy? Then I can get at least SOME vicarious pleasure! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne

Ya know, all of you who want to go with her, we could plan this out for a couple of days next summer. We could meet each other and shop and get a group rate on a good place to stay and eat Amish food and quilt and quilt and quilt and quilt...
    I love this idea! count me in if you decide to do it!
    Rose

hi kwhite,
    this is probably too late, but for next time.
    Burkholder's Fabrics
    2155 West Route 897
    Denver, Pa (north of zook's etc, not far)
    717-336-6692

there's also another one not far from Burkholder's, i'm not sure of name and I've never been there
    peel

I think this trip is going to be a big bust. No one is open on Sunday and that is the only full day I will be there. I am not finding too many that I can visit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast