Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is this a good deal?? >

Is this a good deal??

Is this a good deal??

Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 AM

I'd like to purchase a long-arm quilting machine....but they are SO expensive! Anyway, I ran across this deal, and I would like to get your input on whether it is a quality setup. It includes the machine, frame, CAD quilting program, and more. Here is the link:
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ju...ce-gmq-pkg.php

Love to hear what you think!! I've been chatting about wanting to buy a machine for a while...but this week, I finally have the money to do it...so...any other deals you might know of would be great to know!

Blessings,
Cyndi
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 AM

Cyndi, It has lots of nice features but is not a longarm. The throat space is not there.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 AM

I have the same Juki TL98Q and absolutly LOVE! Use it for all my piecing. I also have a Little Gracie II Frame, don't know the difference between it and the one you are looking at. It is a good set-up, however, I didn't know they called this model a long-arm. It only has a 9" throat. I wish I had gone ahead and bought a mid-arm and used a table to put it on because I don't use the frame anymore,I only free motion quilt. I found I could only quilt about a 4 to 6" strip across the quilt before I had to roll it to the next position. This made for a lot of starting and stopping.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 AM

I have the Juki- use it for everything. I have a frame but haven't taken it out of the box. I would like a mid arm Bailey. The Juki (from using it daily) would not have enough throat space. Besides- I love it so much, I don't want to move it to a frame. When I set up a machine on a frame I don't want to remove it.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:03 AM

I bought this same package from them two months ago. It was the best deal I could find. I can't afford a long arm right now, and I wanted to make sure I would love and use it, so it's a mid- arm. I can get 5-6 inches of quilting space with my cotton batting. They were totally amazing to deal with. Ask for Steven- he's great.

One part of the GMQ split a little bit as we were putting it together and one call to Grace Co. and we had a replacement at our house within two days.

The only other thing I bought was the leaders from Kathy's Quilting. Much easier than making your own, and you can leave them on the frame for the next quilt.

I love free motion quilting on the frame. I am not as good on a table, so for me, it's fabulous.

The only other thing I would add is that this setup does not come with a laser lite for pantograms, so if you are interested in that, you need to add it. I was not, so no big deal for me. I can't figure out how to use QuiltCAD, but again, I don't care.

I found their service to be superb, and Grace company to be incredibly patient with the phone calls when setting up.

I'd go for it. Next year or the year after I will be saving up for a long arm, but the Juki will never leave- she's my darling....
Old 04-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

A juki isn't a longarm, but I love mine. I just got a frame and it is wonderful to work with. I would go for it. You can upgrade later if you want. For me it's great.