Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good morning Everyone!

Here it is Friday night. Had medical treatments today and have slept all afternoon and evening. Did get up long enough to feed dog and visit with my mom and then was back to sleep. Now I am ready for my day and every one else is asleep-which means lots of sewing time.

Good morning to all the quilters here too!
    So glad it has cooled off here in Mo. Its been to hot to go outside so I have been sewing. When the temps start cooling off I'm outside geting my landscaping ready for winter.
    When colder temps. comes in I'm back to sewing.
    Been working on xmas gifts and a Downy quilt. :lol:

Did you all see that enormous hexagon quilt made by ladies around the world. Gayle and the girls from Sew Creative in Gatton, Australia broke the Guinness record and are now making them into smaller quilts for the local homes and hospitals. Gayle told me it was about 150 meters long. It proves that us women can make ANYTHING if we put our minds to it.
    It is Sunday here now and I am trying to clean my sewing room before starting a new quilt. The sun is out and it is warm for a change. You are lucky to have warm weather instead of cold but I know some of you will soon feel the cold winds of autumn and winter so I don't begrudge you the fine warm weather.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Good morning Suzi, all though it is 10 min tell Wed now. I hope you had a wonderful day of quilting. God bless.

Hello Anya

I didn't see the quilt but would love to if you can point me in the right direction please. Regards from WA

Ada, I just got the address for you to go and see it for yourself it is;
    www.worldsbiggesthexagonquilt.blogspot.com
    I got it from my friend Gayle Chalker just a few minutes ago.
    I am going to look at what she had put on to show the people how big it was. It has now been divided into smaller quilts for the hospitals and old people's homes in the area.

Thank you for that link Annya, that is wonderful and to see Gordon hand piecing in the last pic was nice to see. Qld is a long way from Western Australia, over 3,000kms but you're a wonderful crowd from what we see in our quilting news here and to think the quilt was made by people worldwide.

I saw the Memorial Quilt online which has been made for Sept 11th and to be hung in NY City; that too is a masterpiece and to be cut into smaller quilts later on.

My thoughts and prayers are with all US citizens who were personally affected by that dreadful event - it was bad enough sitting in the safety of our own homes to see it all unfolding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2