Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got a surprise in our Walmart today........

I am mainly a lurker here, but I had to tell you all what I seen in our walmart today :-D .
    They are remodeling our Super center right now, removed the fabric dept . so I thought it would be just like our other Super center, just have a few craft items.
    But NO...They have a wall here with single fatquarters, 12 coordinated fatquarters in a bundle, jellyrolls charmpacks, coordinated sets where you can make a whole quilt, fabric for totes and purses.and it is pretty fabric, flannels an 108 wide muslin in 3 yard bundles. I think everybody heard me yelling yeehaw :lol: They have all kinds of coordinated fabric, better than before, the cutest baby prints, very modern prints and everything in between.
    I just wanted to let you all know that somebody did listen to us. :-D Christina

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Lucky you. Ours still has fabric just down sized. That would bring me out of lurking too.

Blog Entries
    That is awesome :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    None of the Walmarts in my area carry fabric of any size.

Green with envy :mrgreen:

So glad for you, ours downsized and moved to the back corner.

I found a cute blue and green jelly roll for 4.97 at my Walmart.

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo for you :thumbup: Did you get any ?

Just got 2 little fat quarters,brown with red and pink dots. Don't know why, just had to have them :oops: .I have a whole closet full of fabric and finally said enough is enough(except 2 little fat quarters)...but there is a tote pattern with leopard and turquoise fabric there, which is calling my name :D ,I have never made one before.
    I forgot to say earlier, they are still working on the fabric wall.I didn't see any batting but that doesn't mean they wont have any once they get done remodeling
    Christina
    oh and the fatquarters are from Cranston Villiage
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did buy one jelly roll.

cinnya where in SW Oklahoma is this WalMart? I may have to make a road trip. Thanks for posting this. I love the fabric you have shown.

It is in Lawton, on Quanha Parker Trailways.The walmart on Sheridan road doesn't have it.
    you can't beat those fat quarters for $1.00. I wish I could remember more prices. I know the jelly rolls were $10.00 and I think the bundle of coordinated fabric was $12.00
    Christina

Oh cool, I live south of Lawton in Texas. Next time I head to Joann's, I'll have to make sure I get to this Wal-Mart too!! Thanks for the news!

LOl Dina we might pass each other on the interstate.We go to Wichita Falls to go shopping ,because we don't have a Kohls or Target....YET :-(

Blog Entries
    aww, the material is nice :) and great news of your WalMart adding a new section and keeping fabrics!

Blog Entries
    That is fantastic news. I wonder if any WM's in the Tulsa area will do this.

Melinda, this Supercenter was build only 5 years ago.They remodeled our other Walmart last year and did not include this fabric. I talked to a clerk and she said that they remodel every 5 years and this was their newest remodel. So hopefully as your Walmarts get remodeled it will include the fabric.
    I think it will all depend what the response from the shoppers will be.

Sharon ,do you have the fabric in your store? I know they used to have jellyrolls for 19.97 and marked those really down when they did away with the fabric dept. I think the new jellyrolls they have are not as big as the last ones.
    I need to go back and make some notes :-D

That's better then our Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnya
    Melinda, this Supercenter was build only 5 years ago.They remodeled our other Walmart last year and did not include this fabric. I talked to a clerk and she said that they remodel every 5 years and this was their newest remodel. So hopefully as your Walmarts get remodeled it will include the fabric.
    I think it will all depend what the response from the shoppers will be.
    How far are you from other fabric stores. That is fantastic for you. Our super WM did away with all fabric, but kept a few crafting supplies. But office supplies is sorely lacking as other areas. I guess they had to cut some areas to add the grocery section, but I've not heard one person here say they like the super WM. I used to go to our old WM at least several times a week and knew where everything was. Now I do my best to avoid that area. :-(

cinnya, Yes, we have some fabric. The jelly rolls were originaly 19.97. This is the Walmart in Mesquite at 80 and Beltline Rd.

Betsy, we have a Joanns, Hobby Lobby and 2 quilting stores, so If I need to buy fabric from a bolt, there are places I can get it.
    The only drawback I see about the fabric in walmart, you have to make sure you get enough of the precut fabric for your project.

Sharon it sounds like they are getting ready to remodel your store. That's how it started here ,they marked down the fabric and it seems it was no time, before the dept was empty.
    the clerks all said that once the fabric is gone that they wouldn't carry it anymore.That is why I was so surprised when I walked into the store this afternoon

CAUTION!!!! Jelly rolls at Walmart aren't like jelly rolls at the fabric store. Sometimes the cut is off and the fabrics selections are weirder. A friend of mine bought some and found that she'd have one strip of one fabric and maybe 3 or 4 of the next one. Not that I wouldn't use them, just saying "buyer beware", know what you're getting. I will add that my friend made a beautiful quilt top from hers it just took a bit more thought.

Could this be a coming trend? Or maybe a trial run for future possibilities? Great news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast