Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP >

Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP

Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP

Old 05-02-2021, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

My Cutie frame has been back ordered until June. I ordered it online with free shipping as the shop here said it wouldn't be available to order until late summer or fall and the shop was over $200 more in price.
Old 07-16-2023, 06:05 PM

I am also considering the Cutie frame. I have a table that is 48 long but only 35 wide. I hope that works!
Old 07-17-2023, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by maryjo12 View Post
I am also considering the Cutie frame. I have a table that is 48 long but only 35 wide. I hope that works!
This is an update to my comment at beginning of this thread from 2/2021. I have had my Cutie about 1 1/2 now and I love mine. I have Juki 2010 on it full time and your table size will work great. You might want to wait on purchase as there's an update called the Cutie Breeze coming out in next few months which looks like they made some improvements. They are only offering it in a package deal in pre-order with the new Grace Little Rebel. No details released yet just a couple of picks. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:46 AM

I have a Cutie frame and Q'nique 15" Pro with stitch regulator as well as robotics. I thought long and hard about the Cutie vs the Grace firm that is only a few inches longer. I have space constraints. While the Q'Nique 15 has been discontinued I also had to consider space there also. The larger the throat space the more depth you need for quilting. Example: I can quilt approximately 12" with the 15. The Cutie frame does come with legs as well as a tabletop version. The Cutie frame can accept up to a 19" machine. Whether you get a Cutie or a Grace frame if you don't have a dedicated machine you will be switching out your sewing space for piecing/sewing or quilting. The Cutie or Grace frame will require moving the width of the quilt if doing anything bigger than a laptop quilt. I went with the setup I currently have because of a great sale at Sewing Machines Plus. You can get stitch regulators on machines or manually, your choice. I chose to go with a stitch-regulated machine to take one equasion out of the learning curve I do ruler quilting so with the stitch regulator that equation out of the learning curve. You should think about all add-on items you might want or need.

Old 07-17-2023, 11:56 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
This is an update to my comment at beginning of this thread from 2/2021. I have had my Cutie about 1 1/2 now and I love mine. I have Juki 2010 on it full time and your table size will work great. You might want to wait on purchase as there's an update called the Cutie Breeze coming out in next few months which looks like they made some improvements. They are only offering it in a package deal in pre-order with the new Grace Little Rebel. No details released yet just a couple of picks. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Glad to hear my table will work! I actually won a brand new Qnique 16X Elite long arm machine from SPOL, so I only need the frame. Nice to know you love your Cutie frame. I'm anxious to get everything set up, so I dont want to wait too long. Thanks!