Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace inspiration imperial aluminum frame >

Grace inspiration imperial aluminum frame

Grace inspiration imperial aluminum frame

Old 01-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Default Grace inspiration imperial aluminum frame

Has anyone replaced the aluminum rails on this frame with steel rails? The aluminum rails bow and be d too easily. I have inserted a wooden dowel but it still bows. The legs to the frame are steel but I’m not sure they would support steel rails. I really only need two, the take up rail and the belly bar, because I float my tops.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:10 AM

My 1st quilt frame was a Grace Pro Frame so maybe similar to what you have. And yes, their rails bowed terribly so I went out and purchased 10' galvanized poles. I slipped these new poles over the old ones and screwed them end at either end. Never had issues after that. I couldn't just replace the poles with these new ones due to the end connectors so slipping them over the old ones and screwing them in so they would turn together worked like a charm. When I gave the frame away 7+ years ago the couple that came to get it wanted those galvanized poles too. They traveled from Ohio so guess it was worth it to them.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:47 AM

I did the same thing that Suz did. I had a B-line frame ..it was wooden and was a table top frame. I sold it to a friend who is still quilting on it . The original square aluminum pole could not hold much weight.