Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace stitch regulator - cross compatible or not >

Grace stitch regulator - cross compatible or not

Grace stitch regulator - cross compatible or not

Old 09-18-2018, 09:33 PM

Default Grace stitch regulator - cross compatible or not

Hello!
I was recently able to buy a slightly uaed little gracie frame with stitch regulator, but have noticed i am missing the power and machine cables to the regulator. I contacted Grace company. The person who responded to my email said that the regulators work with one specific model of machine each and that if i didnt know the old owners machine type I'd need tl buy a new unit.

That being said a new unit would cost me triple what i paid for my entire frame! No way am I going to be doing that. So I went and checked on their website and it clearly states in the stitch regulator description that they are "cross compatible with multiple machines and quilting frames."

This contradicts everything the person wrote me concerning getting replacement parts for my present regulator.

So I would like to know if any of you have the Grace Sure stitch regulator and if you are capable of using it on different machines

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-19-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: remove consumer complaints
Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 AM
anonymous

When I had mine about 10 plus years ago it was specific to a machine and brand. I do not know if this has changed. A lot of people feel like with practice they would rather quilt without the regulator anyways.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM

*Sigh*

When in doubt, call a Canadian Dealer. Fifteen minutes on the phone and I should have my parts for under 35$. Sure as heck beats having to pay 600+$ for a new kit.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

I was given a Grace speed regulator and it fits my Brother 1500. It plugs into the foot control spot. I didn't know enough about it to not try it. LOL I have to hit the off/on button but it works fine. The new ones I have no idea about. Check online for the cords you need. You don't have to buy direct from Grace.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jroussel View Post
*Sigh*

When in doubt, call a Canadian Dealer. Fifteen minutes on the phone and I should have my parts for under 35$. Sure as heck beats having to pay 600+$ for a new kit.
Glad you got this sorted out. In the past, I purchased a used short arm set up and wanted to add the stitch regulator. I ordered one from The Grace Company, and it was machine specific. When it arrived, I did not have the correct one according to the packaging. A phone call to the company, and they walked me through how to change some wires/connectors inside the gizmo to make it work on my machine!
Old 09-20-2018, 04:07 AM

I have had to purchase not one but two of these regulators from Grace for my Janome 1600P that I use on a quilting frame. They don't last long at all. The first one starting cutting out and dieing while I was quilting. Ordered a new one. Now it's cutting out and at the end of my edge quilting it won't shut off until I have to pull the plug. At $69 each this is getting expensive!
Yes, you do have to have one that is compatible with your machine's two or three prong plug in. Anyone ordering one has to know this for the order form.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:05 AM

This discussion is confusing me..a stitch regulator is quite expensive.. $6-$700-right? It is quite different than a speed control/regulator which is usually bought for $50+ and is sold specific to your machine because it replaces the foot control. Do I need more education on these items?