Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gramma gets the hint >

Gramma gets the hint

Gramma gets the hint

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 AM

You HAVE to make the quilts and soon! What darlings!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:35 AM

how cute are they? Aren't you glad you stifled your first response?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM

That is precious. Good for them. Now, you got your work cut out for you!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM

:P:, what a precious memory you have there. It is so nice to know that they appreciate your quilts.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 AM

Love it! LOL
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Omgoodness. This is so cute. I am so glad that you let them look at the blocks and how cute that they are already designing the quilt they want you to make.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 AM

I am making an I Spy quilt and taking it to Australia for my grandkids there. My daughter has down comforters on the children's beds and tells me not to make them any blankets because they do not need them. But I am making this I spy quilt that is only going to be a twin bed size or lap size so that it can stay in the living room and the children can cuddle with it when they watch TV, when they don't feel well and they can use it to build tents, etc. I made my daughter a wedding ring quilt when they got married and she is now finally using it on her bed. So maybe her views will change on the quilts. I hope so.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Awwwww...that's precious. I have a 7 year old grandson who absolutely LOVES the quilt I made for him at Christmas 2 years ago. He would come out to my house and look all through my fabrics talking about all the patterns on the novelty ones. I kept telling him I was making him something special. So, I searched for fabric that showed all the things he had loved so far. He was infatuated with stars before he could even talk, loved coins, loved art, sports, etc. Then I took Moda Marbles of all primary and secondary colors, cut out a six inch square of the background color, then appliqued a smaller piece of each of the novelty fabrics. Every square is a different color. At Christmas when he opened it, he squealed, "My Quilt!!!" He was so excited and I was thrilled almost to tears that he reacted so. I know your babies are going to love anything you make for them!! How precious.

I can also share that every time I take my quilts and quilting things to school for talks about quilting, the boys are the ones who are always the most interested. I usually take a Featherweight and one of the little toy Singer sewing machines too. Those boys always tell me they're going to learn how to quilt someday.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:45 AM

That is one of the sweetest things i have heard, how precious, i have four grandsons, 12yrs, 7yrs, (these two are brothers) and then from my son i have a 3yr and a 17mos. old, and these two r brothers, i take care of them everyday while the parents work. The 3yr comes up with some of the sweetest things and he talks all day, i am worn out when i go home. But they are soooo very precious to me.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 AM

You have a pair of keepers. How charming and wise of them the understand the need to give you a few "hints". And what beautiful geometry and colors they will have been absorbing in the process of searching through you books while the find their favorite! (Sorry, that last sentence was the teacher and artist coming out in me.) Love those boys and give them a BIG hug for being just so smart.