Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
GREAT BUY Dresden Ruler >

GREAT BUY Dresden Ruler

GREAT BUY Dresden Ruler

Old 09-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
You could see the Dresden plate ("Plates") table pieces from Moda Bakeshop.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/10/...our-table.html

Could try one of the big Plate placemats!
My daughter wants the runner! Jelly roll strips can be used for the plates with charm squares for the border diamonds.

Just a suggestion! Enjoy learning!
Thanks
:thumbup:
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Berta48
I just purchased a dresden ruler for 2.95 along with two charm packs and 1 triangle pack. For 45.00 including shipping!

Missouri Sttar Quilt Co has a midnight special every night and TONIGHT WAS THE RULER :-D :thumbup:

Now does anyone have a nice easy pattern for me with these packages of pre cut fabrics?Or A WEB SITE FOR ME TO GO TO?
I made this quick quilt with a jelly roll, a charm pack and some creamy fabric. It was inspired by a quilt I saw online. It is quick as the centers are 5" charm packs and the sashing is a jelly roll so the only thing I had to cut was the cream fabric into squares and sashes. Went quickly and I love this fabric and the way it came out. Show us what you end up making. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
What great tutorials the have. I gotta have one of those binding tools
I have one and love it to pieces....although, I have to admit, that it usually is a while between bindings, so I always have to go to their site and follow the tute there when I use it.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Sorry, I misread your msg and included the wrong pictures. I got the Dresden Plate ruler from MSQC too and made this little table runner just to play with the ruler and get the hang of it. I was happy with the results and it was really fun to make.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111403.jpe   attachment-111404.jpe  
Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Anna....great table runner!! I'm also making a Dresden table runner for a friend of mine. I didn't have the ruler so I went to Joann's but they didn't have it so I got one at my LQS. I paid $7.99 so if I would have gotten it from MSQC for $2.95 plus $5.00 shipping I wouldn't have saved much. Anyway, it was so much fun to cut out these "blades" (I used a charm pack) and sew them together. Thanks for a great pic :)
Old 09-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Berta...here's a link to MSQC Dresden tutorial:http://tutorials.missouriquiltco.com/. You can find it under the Project tute's. It's what I used for my Dresden table runner. Have fun :)
Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
Sorry, I misread your msg and included the wrong pictures. I got the Dresden Plate ruler from MSQC too and made this little table runner just to play with the ruler and get the hang of it. I was happy with the results and it was really fun to make.
OH MAN that is beautilful!!!!!!!I can't wait to get my ruler!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
Berta...here's a link to MSQC Dresden tutorial:http://tutorials.missouriquiltco.com/. You can find it under the Project tute's. It's what I used for my Dresden table runner. Have fun :)
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM

I just purchased a dresden ruler for 2.95 along with two charm packs and 1 triangle pack. For 45.00 including shipping!

Missouri Sttar Quilt Co has a midnight special every night and TONIGHT WAS THE RULER :-D :thumbup:

Now does anyone have a nice easy pattern for me with these packages of pre cut fabrics?Or A WEB SITE FOR ME TO GO TO?
Missouri Star Quilt has a great tutorial for that dresden ruler! I went out and bought the ruler because I saw the tutorial :thumbup:
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Candela59

Missouri Star Quilt has a great tutorial for that dresden ruler! I went out and bought the ruler because I saw the tutorial :thumbup:
Yes I have been looking at them tonight as I am waiting for midnight to get here to see what the special deal is :-D There are so many grrrreat ones. Did you see the one with circles? Now I have to have that ruler. I am hoping that is what the special deal is. :thumbup: