Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Great gift from Hubby but...... >

Great gift from Hubby but......

Great gift from Hubby but......

Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by no1jan
My husband was going to make the same frame for me but couldn't find the wheels with the ball bearings.

Is it the wheels or the tracks that are rough? The tracks should be easy enough to replace, but when it comes to the wheels I'm lost as we couldn't find them. Where did you get your wheels?
We bought it off the internet. Not sure where. It was a kit and we just assemble it, everything was marked, easy to put together.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM

I'd ask Billy or Eddie or one of the very experienced LA folks what you may be able to do to stabilize it. It may just be the two tables you have it on are not stable enough and you need a different table to set it on.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:34 PM

How sweet of him! A keeper for sure.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

I wonder if a Grace carriage would work on it? Just a thought.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and check out the kitchen drawer tracks. The good ones are heavy duty and glide like butter. The best ones for a lot of weight are the tracks on the big industrial tool box cabinet drawers. Measure the tracks and see if you can replace them. Probably order the tool box tracks from a tool and dye store if Lowe's has no resource to them.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM

I work for a Ball Bearing Manufacturer and Ball Bearings ar not oiled so please don't try that. They take grease. If you can get to the bearing and it can be removed you can replace it at your local Autozone, or if you have a Motion Industries in your area or an Applied I.T. store (check your yellow pages) they can sell you a new one and it shouldn't be very expensive.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I work for a Ball Bearing Manufacturer and Ball Bearings ar not oiled so please don't try that. They take grease. If you can get to the bearing and it can be removed you can replace it at your local Autozone, or if you have a Motion Industries in your area or an Applied I.T. store (check your yellow pages) they can sell you a new one and it shouldn't be very expensive.
I was showed how to find the bottom of a ball bearing and I laughed until I cried! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Google Goddess

can you contact where you bought it from, maybe something is missing in the kit

what is the name of it?

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
Originally Posted by no1jan
My husband was going to make the same frame for me but couldn't find the wheels with the ball bearings.

Is it the wheels or the tracks that are rough? The tracks should be easy enough to replace, but when it comes to the wheels I'm lost as we couldn't find them. Where did you get your wheels?
We bought it off the internet. Not sure where. It was a kit and we just assemble it, everything was marked, easy to put together.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM

Your husband is fantastic. I am certain he will be able to figure out something so that it smoothes out
Old 06-25-2010, 02:14 AM

Craftybear, I do not remember who he bought it from. There was a youtube video that shows you how it works. you might want to go there and check it out. I do not have the link or anything. I saw one at the quilting show in NJ, but that one you had to bast all three layers together and then roll it on the bars, this one you have three bars. Hope this helps for those of you that are looking. He has been looking at it to see if we can replace the wheels. It does not have ball bearings it is wheels on a track. Sorry for the confusion, I am not very name savy on things like that.