Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what bought? >

Guess what bought?

Guess what bought?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:57 AM

I'd like the big one so I could cut the Ricky Tim's lareg templates... I love his work...
you will have fun with it....
Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
I'd like the big one so I could cut the Ricky Tim's lareg templates... I love his work...
you will have fun with it....
They have 2 of Ricky Tims designs. You can view them here:
http://www.accuquilt.com/Ricky-Tims-C530.aspx
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Would you believe Quilt in a Day has them on sale.Knot for what i payed.For while there i didn't think it was going to work,i pushed and pushed and couldn't get it to go in and cut.
Connie, I had the same problem the first time. I thought I was going to have to return it because I just couldn't get it to go thru. But after that first time, it was easier.

Have you measured the 5" squares you cut? Are they exactly 5" x 5"? Mine turned out 5" x 4 7/8". Very odd. I put paper between the fabric and the mat to prevent stretching and it helped, but the squares are still 5" x 4 7/8". I thought about writing Accuquilt, but then I thought maybe it is just me. Let me know how your's turned out.

Thanks, Bonnie
Old 12-18-2010, 12:22 PM

I just went on a web sight and (Bayside Quilts.com) and bought a accucut.If you order now you can get one for $218.99. The number is 1-877-357-8822 She is shipping out
35 of them today.Mine will be shipped after Christmas.Which is ok by me for the savings.She also said the price will go up after Jan 1St. Hope this helps for Christmas gift ideas.Hubies are you listening?
Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 PM

cool, I'm happy for you. First time I heard of them I wanted one. My kids upgraded my sewing machine for Christmas so I have to try it out and the go cutter would be so cool to have. Will have to wait for after Christmas.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Just Bonnie2 mine come out 5 inch's
Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 PM

I watched a vidio with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson they had a rick rack ? It looked pretty nice.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM

Wonderful. Loooks like a good machine.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Just run through a couple of layers of fabric at first while you get the hang of it.
A;so try turning the crank in both directions and hold at the edge where it rolls through the go. Just dont get your finger in the roll.
I found practice makes perfect so just practice and you well get the hang of it.
Have fun I finally got the hang of it and I now love it.
kjym Kathy
Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I love it :thumbup:i want to get more dies,i want more dies, :thumbup:I watched Ricky Tims show a rick-rack die,i wonder if would fit my baby :?: We need to start a group of accuquilter's the baby and the regular one.
connie, i agree. i already am wondering about the raw edge applique...i use heat and bond which is ironed on wrong side of fabric before design is cut. same procedure with go baby? usually i draw design on heat and bond, iron h and b on wrong side of fabric, then cut out design, peel paper and iron on quilt to be blanket stitched by machine. i may have to adjust thinking/teaching techniques. mmmm? don't leave me now.