Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what I finally have done? >

Guess what I finally have done?

Guess what I finally have done?

Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 PM

I love, love, love my start/stop button. I'm left handed and for some reason can't get either foot to control the foot pedal evenly. It is the one thing I love so good on my machine.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 AM

I HAVE 2 BROTHER MACHINES AND BOTH HAVE THE OPTION OF NOT USING THE PEDAL. LOVE THEM. RECENTLY STARTED DOING FMQ ON PRINTED PANELS. THEY HAVE TURNED OUT GREAT AND A WONDERFUL WAY TO PRACTICE.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........I can't FMQ without the footpedal on my Futura machine. It has a stop/start button for embroidery but when I tried it in the sewing mode without the footpedal it does not work. Well dern..... What is the cheapest Jenome that has the speed control and stop start button?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Corry
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........I can't FMQ without the footpedal on my Futura machine. It has a stop/start button for embroidery but when I tried it in the sewing mode without the footpedal it does not work. Well dern..... What is the cheapest Jenome that has the speed control and stop start button?
I have no idea what to tell you on that because mine embroiderys also.It was around 2000.00 But I bought it on sale a under that price.I am sure there many different sewing machines out there that have a start stop buttons.I would just do an online search. Or check out Walmart.They have Brothers & SIngers but I don't know if they have a start stop button.

Hope you find what you need :thumbup:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:09 AM

don't know about Jenome - but Brother you can get for less than $200
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 AM

I bought a Brother XR 9000 last winter. I bought it factory reconditioned with a warranty for right under $200. I bought it on line. So far, it has worked great. It has the stop/start button or you can use the foot pedal, it has lots of decorative stitches and has fonts. But, the font is fixed at a certain size...that's the only thing that I don't like about it, but I don't use it for the fonts. And it came with a small quilting table. I had my husband build me a large table to go around that one. I saw where someone on this board had made one and we sort of copied it. I bought it, because of the drop feed dogs feature to learn how to FMQ. There is also speed control.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Did you unplug your foot pedal from the machine? That's the only way mine will work with the button. Foot pedal disconnected from the machine. Hope that helps.

Suzy
Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM

Wondering if there is a dictionary for all the acronyms used. Like, what is FMQ?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
PJO

Originally Posted by kaygerou
Wondering if there is a dictionary for all the acronyms used. Like, what is FMQ?
Free motion quilting
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by misseva
my brother has a 'start/stop' button just above the pressser foot. you have to unplug the foot pedal to make it work.
That's where mine is on my Brother too. I used it all the time when I first got the machine and loved it, but haven't used it much since I started quilting and definitely not for FMQ because I need to be able to stop without removing my hands. :-D