Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guild program teaching how to tie a quilt... >

Guild program teaching how to tie a quilt...

Guild program teaching how to tie a quilt...

Old 09-20-2020, 02:26 AM

Default Guild program teaching how to tie a quilt...

Our guild program last month instructed members to bring an orphan block that will be used to make a tiny quilt sandwich. Backing, batting, and embroidery thread were supplied. New needles were available or members could choose to bring their own supplies. Our lesson was on : How to Tie a Quilt. Instead of binding, some members chose to pink the edges of the blocks and others brought their tiny quilts home to bind. We collect tiny quilts for stuffed animals to donate to first responders. Most of us decided machine quilting was more fun ...and faster.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I would rather machine quilt as well.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:44 AM

I prefer to take my quilt to my LA'er. I am just glad I have the top and backing done and off it goes. I do have a quilt my grandmother tied and it is still holding up very well but that is not my cup of tea to tie a quilt.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:20 AM

I do all 3, by hand. Quilting or tying. FMQ on my DSM and taking it out to the LA. Each has its separate purpose and meaning. Tying is great for crazy quilts and charm quilts. Quilts that I have done as patchwork can be FMQ or LA depending on the quilt. For a small project like this I would do a DSM and maybe some ruler work if possible. This sounds like it was a fun project.
I am always looking for guild projects to do and t his one sounds like it was fun.