Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilt reliever!!

I did a check on the USPS web site and 1 lb (which is a pretty good haul in fabric) is a little over $10.00. I think that I can swing that--won't break the bank.

I'm going to go through my "fabric library" and see what I can part with, then it's on the way to ya!

Are you wanting just cotton or cotton blends? I have some knit jerseys that make fantastic robes/tops/nite gowns. A friends mother passed away over a year ago & I & a friend recievied a LOT of her material! I haven't used this type of material in a long time as both of us are using mostly cotton & or blends. I know dh would be really glad to see some of it go, so he could have part of his garage back. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    I did a check on the USPS web site and 1 lb (which is a pretty good haul in fabric) is a little over $10.00. I think that I can swing that--won't break the bank.

What part of USPS did you look at Vicki? I looked and it was $128 for 10 pounds. Not a good deal for smaller packages either. I think it was $38 for under 1/2 a pound. But that was a Global Express Guaranteed rate. I didn't find any other international rate charts there.

The USPS has flat rate envelopes and boxes for international shipping. They're free and the boxes are pretty large. To Spain, a box would be $37.00; an envelope $11.00. Less expensive if you do it online.

Some shops can fit up to eight yards in an envelope and 25 yards in a box.

I used the rates for envelopes. It was the same for them as well as a box. It can go "slow boat to China) rate for a little over $10.00. Its first class international and was $10.40. The estimated time of delivery varies but usually is 2-3 weeks. That why I referred to it as "slow boat to China."

i'll look in my stash, my DH shops for fabric for me when he thinks i need more colors. Some of his choices sorry to say i have no clue what to make with. So maybe you can make something with them. I'll also check with my postoffice to see how much this will be. I cant wait to see what you get in the mail.

Is anyone here mailing from Canada? I dont think we do flat rate boxes here do we?

Izy
    I am totally overawed at your willingness to share and your openhearted gestures, your responses have genuinely moved me. On behalf of all our group I send sincere gratitude, thanks to you all :D

Izy
    Hey Beachlady, just read through your message again, my address is just as I typed it except it should read Apartado de Correos 609 the zip code is the 29740 next to Torre del mar.

Thanks so much for your contribution, I really appreciate everyones efforts.

Keep in touch, Izy

I'm mailing from Canada, i just came from post office. As long as my pkg isn't over 2 kg it should cost me approximately $20.00. She never mentioned to me about any special box of pkging. The lady at post office gave me these bubble envelopes that she recieves the stamps in. She said these might work great for less weight (great recycling). So tonight i shall go through my stash and by monday morning it will be on its way to Spain.... i'm so excited. I've never done anything like this before, Izy hope you like what i send. Happy sewing everyone :D

Izy
    Unbelievable!! Wowwwwwwww - you are soooooo great, can't thank you enough!!

Muchas gracias mi amiga de Canada!!

I will let you know as soon as I receive it!!

Thanks again,

Izy x

:D Izy you are very welcome.

Should have a package ready for you by the end of next week. Will let you know when it is mailed. Will go to PO to get the flat box this weekend.

Do you need flannel scraps?

Oh Denise, thank you for telling me how it works here, i didn't know you are from Canada too :)

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by dcurvey
    Do you need flannel scraps?
    Thanks - flannel doesn't even exist here - they would be extra special to us :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    Oh Denise, thank you for telling me how it works here, i didn't know you are from Canada too :)
    your welcome Barb.

Izy ~ are you looking strictly for cottons? I have a variety of fabrics that was given to me that I have yet to do anything with...I am willing to pack a box.

Izy
    Marty-mo - We would be grateful for anything, as I mentioned earlier, we would like to do a variety of different projects, one in particular I am itching is to get involved with the art quilts where you embellish and machine embroider using a variety of fabrics, with different textures etc.

If you think what you have could be used in this sort of way, or for making totes, and small projects like bedside caddies for your books etc., I have lots of ideas but no resources :!:
    Thanks so much for your imput to our group :D :D :D

Izy
    Just like to say how much we appreciate all your donations, and after speaking to our main group leader today, she has suggested to assist those interested in donating your unwanted fabric scraps, that our group will raise funds to pay towards the postage costs. Has anybody any ideas how I can get the payments to you all?? If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks again for all your support. :D :D :D

I don't require postage, happy to assist....plus if I thin out my stash...more reason to go shop hopping again....lol.

Izy
    Your so kind marty_Mo - muchas gracias !! :D

Same here, no need to repay.

I went to the post office today to mail out some packages. Needless to say, I had hubby with me and he failed to grab MY packages that I was needing to mail, so back to the post office I go tomorrow.
    Anyway...I was asking the mailmain/postal clerk about sending to Spain.
    If we use the ONE RATE BOX, it's $37.00 for up to 20 pounds.
    I asked what would it be if we just used a plain old cardboard box with the same 20 pounds. You won't believe this....$85.00 ! ! !
    OH MY!! I think there is a reason WHY I love One Rate Boxes!!

Izy
    Tirnhi I take my 'nearly' red hat off to you!! - my eternal gratitude is sent to you and your family for this extremely generous gesture!! I would dearly love you to pm back to me your home address or email address at least so I can do something in return please. How do I say many thanks in 'Guam? :D :D

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast