Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
gypsy sit upon cushion >

gypsy sit upon cushion

gypsy sit upon cushion

Old 08-06-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by judykay
Has anyone ever used this cushion or know of anyone who has ? It is a small air filled cushion with little nubs that you sit on that is suppose to help with back pain. I saw it advertised but none of my local stores carry it including the medical supply store. I don't have money to waste if it does not work ($28 inc. shipping) but if it does it would be worth the money to relieve my back pain. Any thoughts?

P.S. I tried to post a picture but it would not copy and paste.

I just received my Chlotile today but I do not see this.
What page is it on.
I would like to try it too.
J J
Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 AM

I have used one at my LQS during a quilting class (10 hrs). I was kind of unsure at first but once you get use to it it seems to help. My bonus was that my butt did not fall asleep from sitting all day and my back did not hurt! I was actually debating on geting one as well!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM

I use them in my classroom for my special ed kids who have ADHD. They use that little bit of extra energy to stay balanced and it helps them stay focused and in their seat. I get them from Educational catalogs.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I just ordered one a couple days ago from I HAVE A NOTION.com. It should be here Monday.
I just ck'd the site Melinda mentioned. They are $24.95 +$5 shpg.

I may order one as well since I have a 3 day drive to Ariz.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Since the situpon was inflatable, I wondered about its durability and strength, so I decided to send a query.

I contacted one online Seller, and received this reply via e-mail today, Saturday, Aug. 6:

"I was told by the manufacturer that the 14" in diameter Sit Upon would support up to 500 pounds. "
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 PM

I wish this had been up before I bought my seat cushion. I got a memory foam one . My butt isn't falling asleep but my legs are and my back hurts.
Massage appointment next week. lol
Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
have you tried a kinesiologist or a chiropractor???

if i had back pain, i certainly wouldn't be buying a PILLOW!!

no offense intended! just my humble opinion!
I have been to physical therapy with no change and also a chiropractor who told me on my first visit he would be able to make me feel 90% better, I don't think he even made it 10% & on my last visit he told me he could not feel my pain so he could not do anymore for me. I have tried Tylenol 3 & various other medications with no relief & only weird feelings from the medications. I am desperate so I am going to try the pillow as I find if I sit with a pillow on my back I get some relief. The doctor wanted to know if I would consider surgery, I did not even think about it and said no immediately. Am anxious for the cushion to arrive so I can try it & hopefully some relief. I was told it is a compressed disc from osteoporosis.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Judy, I have a torn disc which has given me problems for eight years. When my pain was the worst, the only good position for me was standing. I had to work at finding a chair that I could sit in without pain. Even though my pain is much better now, I still drag my office chair around the house to sit in. I never, ever sit in a soft cushioned arm chair or recliner. At first, I could only sit on my exercise ball. You may need to experiment and find what works best for you.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Remember those weird chairs they had in the 80's, they were supposed to be good for your back? There was a slab for your butt that slanted towards the floor, and another slanted slab for your knees? I liked the slant, it DID feel good on my back and I sat up straight, but I didn't like the weight on my knees after a few hours. I HATE those adirondack chairs for that reason- they're slanted wrong and are too hard to get out of.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 PM

I have one and I do like it. For some reason, it makes you sit up straighter. My son also has one and likes it. I ordered mine for about the same price. I bought a second one at a quilt show. Hope this helps.