Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand quilting frame >

Hand quilting frame

Hand quilting frame

Old 07-30-2020, 08:27 PM

Default Hand quilting frame

I have a grace wooden hand quilting frame and was wondering if anyone just uses this type of frame to just baste their quilts. I don’t hand quilt on this frame anymore, but thought it might be an easier way to baste a quilt than on the floor. It does have the 4th pole for the batting also. Not sure it’s worth keeping. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 07-31-2020, 04:13 AM

I am in a hand quilting group and we baste quilts on frames often for members who want to hand quilt at home. It keeps the tops, batting and backs much more taunt than doing the basting another way...at least that is my opinion.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:21 AM

I will hold onto my Grace hand frame even though started doing most of my hand quilting on a large hoop. I found that easier to manage and not as hard on my back. If I am quilting with my sisters on the same quilt it is great. We can get a lot accomplished in a day and get in a great deal of sister time together using that Grace Hand Quilting Frame.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:19 AM

I have a homemade quilting frame, and I set it up to baste my quilts. Then I sit in my recliner and hand quilt them. Sitting over the quilting frame and hand quilting kills my back. So IMHO, yes it will work.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:03 AM

Default Grace Frame Z44

I have a Grace Frame Z44 that I use for hand quilting. I love it! But I am about to quilt a very wide quilt, and Grace no longer sells the 'super king extension kit'. Does anyone have one that they are willing to part with? If not, I could make the wood extension if I could get a piece of the metal extrusion/tubing that the fabrics mount on. I would appreciate any help you can provide...
Old 09-06-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nita Ferreira View Post
I have a Grace Frame Z44 that I use for hand quilting. I love it! But I am about to quilt a very wide quilt, and Grace no longer sells the 'super king extension kit'. I could make the wood extension if I could get a piece of the metal extrusion/tubing that the fabrics mount on. I would appreciate any help you can provide...
I'm not familiar with that frame, but you should be able to get steel poles from Home Depot, Lowes, or any other building supply.