Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Towel Memory quilts >

Hand Towel Memory quilts

Hand Towel Memory quilts

Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 AM

QuiltE...It is funny that you mentioned raggy quilt...I am seriously considering that...I just completed my first raggy quilt, and I found out that making them are alot of fun and they are beautiful as well as the more tradition quilt...they are golfing hand towels and I do believe there is some sort of logo on them...thank you for your response for it is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 AM

Tartan, thankyou for explaining that to me, and for you ideas...I am weighing-out all possiblities and have to come to a decision soon...Thanks again
Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 AM

What about using the principle of a t-shirt quilt for the towels...I think putting the interfacing on the back also would be a good idea, perhaps would help stabilize them. Perhaps do an attic window to showcase each towel.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Deborahlees thank you for your reply...another great possibility...I have been researching t-shirt quilts and they look hard, but I think im ready for something alittle more challenging...I have to decide soon because i'm suppose to start this in October...again thank you for your suggestion...Zotty
Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 AM

I was wanting to do the same thing, but for my mom! She must at least a dozen or so, and I wanted to incorporate hers into a t-shirt memory quilt. I was "wondering", how do you go about maybe cutting around the embroidered part (keeping a bit of the terry cloth) and then appliquing them onto a piece of fabric, or would that not work. Thanks for any help!